There are 10 Essential Vitamins for Bodily Functions
They all can be obtained from Food, and Vitamin D and Vitamin K can be synthesized by the body or good quality vitamins or multivitamin supplement.
1. Vitamin A is found in milk, cheese, cream, liver, kidney, and cod and halibut fish oils. Because most of these sources are high in saturated fat and cholesterol, Vegetable sources of a vitamin A precursor called beta-carotene may be a better choice. Beta-carotene comes from carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, winter squashes, cantaloupe, pink grapefruit, apricots, broccoli, and spinach. The more intense the color of a fruit or vegetable, the higher the beta-carotene content.
2. Vitamin D is found in cheese, butter, margarine, cream, fish, oysters, and fortified milk and cereals. The body can also synthesize vitamin D when the skin is exposed to sunshine.
3. Vitamin E is found in wheat germ, corn, nuts, seeds, olives, spinach, asparagus, and other Green Leafy Vegetables, vegetable oils, and products made from vegetable oils, such as margarine.
4. Vitamin K is found in cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, soybeans, and cereals. Bacteria in the intestines normally also produce vitamin K.
5. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) is found in fortified breads, cereals, pasta, whole grains, lean meats, fish, dried beans, peas, and soybeans. Dairy products, fruits, and vegetables contain some thiamine as well.
6. Niacin (Vitamin B3) is found in dairy products, poultry, fish, lean meats, nuts, and eggs. Legumes and enriched breads and cereals also supply some niacin.
7. Folate is found in green, leafy vegetables and many foods are now fortified with it as well.
8. Vitamin B12 is found in eggs, meat, poultry, shellfish, and milk and milk products.
9. Pantothenic Acid and biotin are found in eggs, fish, dairy products, whole-grain cereals, legumes, yeast, broccoli and other vegetables in the cabbage family, white and sweet potatoes, lean beef, and other foods.
10. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is found in citrus fruits and their juices, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, turnip greens and other greens, sweet and white potatoes, and cantaloupe. Most other fruits and vegetables contain some vitamin C; fish and milk contain small amounts.
Shop Madina Halal Vitamins and Supplements
The post 10 Essential Vitamins appeared first on Madina Vitamins.
This post first appeared on Madina Halal Vitamins | Halal Fish Oil | Halal Children Gummies Multivitamins, please read the originial post: here