Do you sweat a lot? Does Excessive Sweating gets you embarrassed in public? Sweating is a natural phenomenon in the human mechanism to control the temperature of the body. However some people sweat more than others. Most likely they might be suffering from a condition called Hyperhidrosis due to the hyperactive sweat glands. While heredity could be a major cause for this condition, others include hormonal issues, infections, stressed out, anxiety etc. excessive seating can be too embarrassing at times and often leads to bad odour. Its time you do something about it. get rid of your excessive sweating with these natural home remedies.
Source : skincarebydesign.com
What Causes Excessive Sweating?
Various reasons that can cause excessive sweating on your body are:
- Over weight
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Anxiety disorder
- Heart diseases
- Lung diseases
- Parkinson’s disease
- OTC(over the counter) medications
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Respiratory issues
- Spinal injuries
What Are The Symptoms of Excessive sweating?
The various symptoms that are associated with hyperhidrosis are
- Palms and soles are always wet and moist
- Visible sweating that drenches your fabrics
- Discoloration of the affected area
- Skin Maceration
- Foul odour from feet
- Cracking and scaling of skin
5 Home Remedies for Excessive Sweating
Source : natural-homeremedies.com
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is considered as the mother of home based remedies as it is used for a wide range of conditions, including sweating. Apple Cider Vinegar balances the pH level of the body, especially in the areas like armpits and feet so that it becomes difficult for the bacteria to thrive in such an environment. Here are some ways to use apple cider vinegar to treat your excessive sweating problems.
Source : diyhealthremedy.com
- If you suffer from excessive armpit sweating alone, apply some apple cider vinegar to the area at night and go to bed. In the morning, just rinse it off with water.
- If you often have sweaty feet, first wash off your feet, neat and clean, with mild soap and warm water. Pat dry them and apply apple cider vinegar generously.
- You may also soak your feet in mixture of half a cup of apple cider vinegar in a litre of warm water. Soak your feet in this solution for about 20 minutes to help reduce excessive sweating.
- If you suffer from generalised sweating issues, it is best to treat it internally. Add 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it early in the morning on empty stomach condition. You can also add a teaspoon of honey in it.
The acids in your sweat not only help bacteria to thrive but also create a foul smell. Baking Soda is alkaline in nature and helps in lowering the pH of the area that are sweating profusely by counteracting the acids there. It not only reduces the perspiration but also makes you get rid of the bad odour. All you need to do is dust some baking soda where you sweat the most. You may also make a natural deodorant with baking soda. To prepare it
Source : natural-homeremedies.com
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Essential oil such as lavender or lemon or vanilla- 4-5 drops
- Water- few drops
- Add a few drops of water to baking soda to obtain a thick paste like consistency
- Add any of the above essential oil to this
- Let it set for about 10 minutes and apply to your armpits
- Wash it off after about 20-30 minutes.
Lemons have always been used traditionally to control sweating. The citric acid content in lemons helps eliminate bacteria and its pleasant fragrance works as a natural deodorant. However, you need to make sue not to use lemon before stepping out in the sun as they may darken your underarms. Its best to apply it at bed time. cut a lemon into two halves, take one half and rub it under your arms squeezing its juice with gentle hands. Wash it off after about 15-20 minutes. You may also use lemon along with baking soda as described below.
Source : searchhomeremedies.com
- Lemon juice- 1-2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Cotton pad
How to make:
- Mix equal quantities of lemon juice and baking soda until you get a smooth paste.
- With the help of cotton pad, gently apply the mixture under your arms to get rid of sweaty armpits
- Wash it off after about 20 minutes.
Coconut oil has lauric acid that helps eliminate bacteria that cause excessive sweating and bad odour. One of the myths that are associated with coconut oil is that it stains your clothes. But if you gently massage the oil into the skin and are not too generous when it comes to applying the oil, your clothes wont stain at all. The simplest way to use coconut oil is to take a few drops on your fingertips, and rub it under the arms. You can also prepare yet another natural deodorant at your home using baking soda and coconut oil.
Source : findhomeremedy.com
- Coconut oil- 3 tsp
- Baking soda- 3 tsp
- Shea butter- 2 tsp
- Arrow root powder(optional)- 2 tsp
- Any essential oil- few drops
How to make:
- Using a double boiler, heat coconut and shea butter over medium flame until they are totally melted.
- Now add baking soda and arrowroot powder and mix well by adding a few drops of essential oil.
- Store it in a jar and use it whenever you wish to.
Sage herb is loaded with qualities that make it an excellent natural anti-perspirant herbal remedy. The leaves of this herb have tannic acid in them. Tannic acid due to its astringent properties, help constrict the sweat glands and dramatically reduce perspiration. Sage also has antibacterial and antifungal properties thus restricting the growth of bacteria and development of bad odour. You can use sage in the following ways
Source : searchhomeremedy.com
Take a teaspoon of dried sage leaves, boil them in 1-2 cups of water. Let it cool down until it reaches room temperature. You can use this sage treated water to thoroughly clean your armpits, feet, hands, soles or wherever you sweat the most. You can do it as many times a day as possible. Ideally 2 times a day would be enough.
You can also prepare sage tea by boiling a teaspoon of sage leaves in a cup of water for 5-7 minutes. Strain it and add a teaspoon of honey. Drinking this tea before going to bed would be highly beneficial you can also add ginger and lemon if you wish.
Add 1-2 tsp of sage herb in a foot basin filled with warm water. Let it steep for about 5-10 minutes. Sage oil can also be used. Now soak your feet in this sage treated water for about 20 minutes daily. This can easily get you rid of those sweaty feet.
The post Try These Home Remedies To Get Rid of Excessive Sweating appeared first on .
This post first appeared on UrbanWired - Your Daily Dose Of Tips On Health, Wellness And Lifestyle., please read the originial post: here