With both antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, Essential Oils can be used in more ways than one. From boosting your immune system to aiding with digestion, essential oils provide our bodies with a plethora of health benefits, including the ability the combat painful headaches.
Here are five essential oils that help to relieve headache pain:
- Lavender oil: Lavender oil is used to help with a number of issues, including anxiety, depression, and, of course, reducing headache tension and pain. Due to the curative properties that quickly absorb into the skin, lavender rapidly interacts with the central nervous system as an effective calming agent of stress triggers.
- Rosemary oil: Rosemary oil helps to reduce the pain of a headache by improving circulation. Plus, according to a 2008 study, researchers found that rosemary oil also have anti-inflammatory properties that helps with headache pressure and tension.
- Peppermint oil: Along with relieving nausea and upset stomaches, peppermint oil is also known for alleviating headache pain. Applied topically to the forehead, this essential oil is the most popular for headache relief.
- Eucalyptus oil: If you suffer from sinus headaches, eucalyptus oil works to release the tension triggered by blocked sinuses.
- Chamomile oil: Given that chamomile tea works to relax the body, and helps reduce the symptoms associated with anxiety and depression, many people use chamomile oil to treat a painful headache that is triggered by anxiety and stress.
The post Which essential oils help to combat headaches? appeared first on Viva Magazine.