Why Focus training?
About eighty per cent of our energy is wasted in thoughts, that are absolutely futile. If we channelize these thoughts by calming the mind and focusing. Every aspect of our lives can be transformed!
What is Trataka?
Trataka is a gazing meditation techniques to achieve stillness of mind through the use of your eyes. Also, known as yogic gazing, it helps to cleanse the eyes. Besides, it is a powerful exercise to keep the eyes healthy. Thus avoiding certain Eye disorders.
1) Inner trataka: This meditation is done with closed eyes. As the object or focus is within you. You concentrate on the third eye.
2) Middle trataka: The point of concentration is the flame or a point. It is practiced with open eyes.
3) Outer trataka: This is more complex, as the point of concentration is any celestial object. Like stars, trees, mountain peak, etc.
Benefits of Trataka
- Cleanses the eyes
- Strengthens the eye muscles. Thus, improving vision and memory.
- Improves concentration
- Balances the activity in the two hemispheres of the brain
- Increases nervous stability
- Develops intuition, the ability to visualise and willpower.
- Helps calm the mind
Stillness of the eyes is one of the most powerful ways to calm the mind. Besides being one of the Shatkarmas. We know that the sight is the most powerful sense. And it is a direct door to influencing our mental states. Thus, if you can spend 5 minutes in a perfect gaze. You will experience stillness and you’ll want more!
The post Trataka: Yogic Gazing appeared first on Total Yoga is a Yoga style pivoted on Fitness Mindfulness!.