Balancing on the tailbone can be challenging, but overtime, it helps in strengthening the spine, core and thighs!
What is so special about Uttanasana (Balance)?
This pose helps in strength, flexibility and focus. It engages your core, spine and thighs. It’s a full body posture with myriad benefits.
As the perineum floor is engaged and used to Balance. The Mooladhara chakra is activated. This chakra grounds us and it is the foundation to raise our consciousness. Security and survival is the mantra for the root chakra. Meeting the basic needs and necessities of life, balances this energy vortex.
Benefits of Uttanasana (Balance)
- Strengthens the core and back
- Stretches the hamstrings and glutes
- Helps in toning the abs and thighs
- Stimulates abdominal organs and the digestive process
- Improves focus and concentration
- Lengthens and strengthens the spine
- Increases overall flexibility
- Increases blood circulation to the abdomen
Engage the lower back and core, when lifting the legs
- Avoid incase of spinal/back problems
- Incase of weak knee or knee injuries, avoid pulling the feet to much
You may topple, lose balance, but keep coming back. It as an amazing asana for your torso. And what’s life without a few challenges..
The post Know your asana: Uttanasana (Balance) appeared first on Total Yoga is a Yoga style pivoted on Fitness Mindfulness!.