Gluten Free Banting Bread
This gluten free Banting bread was a bit of a gamble but the result was way better than I expected with it’s delicious taste and wholesomeness.
Not only is this gluten free bread really healthy, but it’s also low-carb and provides you with a tasty Banting alternative to traditional bread.
Being able to eat bread that is totally gluten free is really important to many people as gluten (a protein found in wheat, barley, rye & malts) cannot be digested properly leaving you bloated, achy & lethargic.
Often gluten free bread recipes are dry & crumbly but it’s definitely not the case with this one.
Being a Banting Bread Recipe I felt that the full cream yogurt ingredient would help keep it from getting dry and give it an enjoyable rich texture.
So try out this Banting bread recipe, I’m sure you’ll love it.
Gluten Free Banting Bread Recipe
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 cups flaxseed powder (linseed powder)
- 1 ½ teaspoon bi-carb/ baking soda
- ½ cup sunflower seeds *
- 500ml plain full cream yogurt
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- *Sunflower seeds can be replaced with dried cranberries or dried blueberries for a sweet loaf
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Grease and line loaf pan
- Mix all ingredients together
- Place mixture in pan and press down and level
- Cover with foil
- Leave to stand for 45 minutes
- Bake for approximately 50 – 60 minutes
- Cool in pan before turning out onto cooling rack
- Slice and enjoy with unsalted organic butter
You can also slice and toast this bread for a tea time treat or wholesome snack.
Flaxseed In This Bread Recipe
Using flaxseed in this bread recipe offers these additional health benefits…
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- high in fibre
- high in antioxidants
PS. Want more low-carb, gluten-free recipes?
Take a look at this collection of delicious LCHF Paleo Recipes which could help you achieve your health & weight loss goals sooner than you think…
The post Gluten Free Banting Bread appeared first on The Paleo Diet Can Have a Dramatic Affect On Your Health & Weight.