Yes, that’s right.
eHealth has identified yet another reason to shop for Health Insurance at eHealth.com instead of Healthcare.gov.
In most states, eHealth is able to offer 1) more health plans than government exchanges and 2) give health Insurance shoppers what’s been described as “the most usable online marketplace experience.” (source 1) Cool, right?
Here’s a bonus: we refined our tax credit Subsidy Application for both desktop users, iPhone and Android mobile visitors to eHealth.com. Currently, the new streamlined subsidy application is integrated into the application process at eHealth for states served by the federally-facilitated health insurance exchange, Healthcare.gov.
What can consumers expect when shopping for individual and family health insurance at eHealth.com? Here are four things:
- An easier, faster way to complete the subsidy application process: an eHealth analysis shows that some consumers can now complete the subsidy application in as little as five minutes. (source 2)
- The ability to complete the process entirely through a mobile device. Mobile users can get personal quotes, compare plans, review plan details, complete the subsidy application, and enroll in the plan of their choice from a handheld device.
- Access to the same health insurance plans and government tax credits available through Healthcare.gov.
- Access to the broadest selection of subsidy-eligible and non-subsidy health insurance plans in the nation, as well as eHealth’s easy-to-use plan comparison tools, plus personal help from eHealth’s licensed agents and representatives by phone or live online chat.
Why so much focus on mobile?
- According to the Pew Research Internet Project, 34% of surveyed consumers said that mobile is their primary means for accessing the Internet. (source 3)
- For lower-income Americans, mobile devices like smartphones may be their only way to access the Internet. A recent U.S. Census study shows that approximately one in four (26%) lower-income ($25,000 – $50,000) households is without a personal computer. (source 4)
No wonder we developed a mobile solution to help consumers enroll in health insurance! Through our new mobile-responsive website, the following steps in the shopping and enrollment process can all take place on an iPhone or Android mobile device:
- Mobile shoppers can enter their family dates of birth and other information and make a preliminary determination on their subsidy-eligibility.
- They can then review personalized quotes from brand-name insurance companies, review plan coverage details, and compare plans to find the best match for their needs.
- After selecting a plan, mobile users can complete eHealth’s streamlined form of the Healthcare.gov subsidy application.
- Mobile shoppers are then able to complete their application for the plan of their choice and sign up to receive text message updates on the status of their application.
Remember, Open Enrollment ends February 15, 2015! Don’t miss your chance to enroll in a health plan this year. Open enrollment may be your only chance to apply for premium subsidies and enroll in the major medical individual and family health insurance coverage we need for 2015. Outside of open enrollment, you typically need to experience a qualifying life event (marriage, the birth of a child, etc.) before you can buy coverage on your own.
Enroll now at ehealth.com.
1Source: Change Sciences 2013: https://www.changesciences.com/healthcare-web-site-user-experience-2013.
2 Based on eHealth visitor logs, 18% of eHealth customers who applied for a subsidy at eHealthInsurance.com finished in as little as five minutes. Over 50% of eHealth customers who applied for a subsidy finished in under 10 minutes. Some consumers (especially those with multiple sources of household income, dependents, or other complicating factors) may require longer. Some consumers may also be unable or ineligible to apply for subsidies through eHealth.
3 Source: 2013 Pew Research Internet Project.
4 Source: U.S. Census: Computer and Internet Use in the United States: 2013
Check out eHealth’s Press Release for more info.