Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Overview
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, US $13.99 for a 16 oz. pump bottle, is a rehydrating moisturizing formula specially made to cater to the moisturization requirements of chronically irritated, sensitive and highly reactive skin types.
About Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Galderma Laboratories, Inc., a skin care company with Swiss origins that was created from a collaboration between Nestlé and the L’Oreal Group. Galderma became a fully owned subsidiary of Nestlé in 2014. Cetaphil as a skin care brand traces its origins to the late 1940s when it was first distributed in select pharmacies. Cetaphil became highly recommended by skin and medical professionals, owing primarily to its fragrance-free formulations.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Boost the moisture content of chronically dry and sensitive skin.
- Support skin types with inherent difficulties to capture and retain sufficient amounts of moisture to stay better hydrated in spite of its condition.
- Help your skin bind moisture better to minimize significant loss of your skin’s water content.
- Prevent skin inflammation caused by dryness.
What Are The Ingredients In Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion ?
- Glycerin: A powerful emollient that replenishes a significant volume of moisture your sensitive skin requires to become restored and revived.
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene: Lubricates the surface of your skin to give you instant relief and comfort from the inconvenience brought about by dry skin.
- Macadamia Nut Oil: Enriched with essential fatty acids, it delivers an instant, soothing relief to chronically irritated skin that helps calm your skin as it simultaneously works to restore optimal moisture levels that smoothen your skin’s surface texture as well as promote softness.
- Vitamin E: It delivers an intense soothing relief from dryness and it also strengthens your skin’s protective barrier to help keep moisture in and prevent your skin from drying out.
- Panthenol: Coats your skin with a thin film that supports enhanced hydration by conditioning the surface while improving your skin’s ability to hold water while minimizing surface water loss.
Directions To Use
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion must be generously smoothed on skin night and day. Liberally apply throughout the day whenever you feel your skin’s need for a moisture boost.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is fragrance-free and which minimizes sensitization caused by fragrance allergens commonly found in cosmetics and personal care products.
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be safe for use on sensitive skin.
- This product contains a tight list of ingredients with little prospect for longer-lasting results.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews indicate that this product may not provide sufficient moisturization for drier skin types.
Does Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several synthetic ingredients, including silicones.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain-related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Customer Reviews
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews read:
- “I got this in the mini-size in the travel section to try. I have tried and enjoyed other Cetaphil products, but didn’t want to get the large bottle of this if it ended up being too hydrating or greasy on me. This is a lightweight moisturizer just as it claims. I’m sure it is awesome on the body, but it is just a little too greasy looking on my face. My face doesn’t feel greasy, it feels nice but I look oily when I look in the mirror. Not a nice look. I’ve experimented with using smaller and smaller amounts to see if I can make it look less oily. But no success. I end up blotting my face. I probably won’t repurchase this but that doesn’t mean that it won’t work for someone else, particularly if they have dry skin. :)” — macabremakeup on MakeupAlley
- “I had dry skin issues during the winter and I wanted a lighter non-greasy lotion that would solve that problem, Cetaphil to the rescue! Recommended by my dermatologist, I haven’t had an issue since I started using this and have been a fan for 2 years now. Non-greasy and no fragrance are perfect.” — User Review on DermStore
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion frankly contains common ingredients in skin care that will likely provide instant skin conditioning on product contact. However the smooth, silky skin effect will likely not last and will be practically gone as soon as product use is discontinued.
The post Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Review: Should You Buy This Moisturizer? appeared first on .