What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a condition that affects the joints, causing Pain and stiffness. It is the most common type of arthritis, which usually develops gradually over time. [1, 2]
Around 1 in 5 women and almost 1 in 10 men over 60 years of age have osteoarthritis across the world.  The incidence is increasing due to ageing population, obesity and subsequent strain on joints.  In the United Kingdom 8.75 million people have sought treatment for arthritis. 
Osteoarthritis can affect any joint. It is most commonly seen in the weight-bearing joints of the knees, hips and spine, but it can also affect the fingers, shoulders, neck and toes. [5, 6]
What are the characteristics of osteoarthritis? [7, 8, 9]
- Loss of naturally-occurring joint lubricants (e.g. Phospholipids) from the surrounding synovial fluid.
- Damage to Cartilage – the strong, smooth surface that lines the bones and helps joints to move easily without friction.
- Bony growths that develop around the edge of the joints.
- Inflammation of the tissues in and around the joints with accompanying pain.
- Reduction in joint flexibility and mobility.
- Narrowing of the joint space
- For further information on arthritis, visit arthritisresearchuk.org
What is Flexiseq?
Flexiseq is a gel with unique Sequessome Technology which is clinically proven to relieve pain and improve joint flexibility in as little as 2 days.
How does Flexiseq work?
Flexiseq is a drug-free gel that relieves pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis. The gel contains tiny spheres called Sequessome vesticles. As the gel dries on the skin, these spheres change their shape and pass through the skin, then on into the joint to provide pain relief.
- Helps ease the pain and stiffness in your joints.
- Suitable for all osteoarthritis*
- A safe drug-free gel that avoids the heart and stomach risks common to most to osteoarthritis and drug treatments
- Can be used safely with medicines for osteoarthritis and/or other medical conditions
*Patients with a known intolerance to any of the ingredients should use Flexiseq with caution.
Instructions for Use
Step 1: Ensuring you have the right dose
The first time you use Flexiseq, estimate the amount of gel you need to squeeze out of the tube as follows:
- For a knee, shoulder of hip, a line as long as your index finger.
- For an ankle. Wrist of fingers on one hand, a line as long as half of your index finger.
It is important that you personalise the dose for the particular joint you are treating. You must allow the Flexiseq gel to dry for at least 10 minutes, or until the skin is touch dry before covering the area.
If the gel is taking longer than 10 minutes to dry, you have probably applied too much. The excess can be wiped off and you should try using a little less next time
If the gel is taking less than 10 minutes, you should apply a little more next time.
Step 2: Reducing the application time
Having completed Step 1 and ensured you have worked out the right amount to apply for your particular joints, you can reduce the time it takes for Flexiseq to dry by:
- Warming the skin before applying the gel.
- Using a hairdryer on a medium setting after applying the gel which should reduce the drying time to about 2 minutes.
Flexiseq – as effective as an arthritis prescription tablet
In a clinical trial on 1,395 adults with osteoarthritis of the knee, use of Flexiseq resulted in clinically relevant reductions in joint pain and stiffness and improvement in physical function that were equivalent to the effects of the anti-inflammatory drug . 
Flexiseq – Good Safety Profile
Studies involving over 1,675 patients treated for up to 52 weeks show that Flexiseq is both safe* and well tolerated.
*In clinical trials there were no health issues associated with long-term use of Flexiseq. Sequessome constituents that lubricate the joints are designated as GRAS (Generally Recognised As Safe) by the US FDA.
Flexiseq received the Innovation Award 2013 from the Federal Assosiation of German Pharmacists (BVDA) for its Breakthrough approach to the treatment of osteoarthritis through the science of sequessome technology.
What do people say about Flexiseq?
“Flexiseq has improved my quality of life greatly. Not only am I pain free, I can now dress myself without help”
MARGARET P, 60
“After just a week’s use, Flexiseq has relieved pain without the discomfort other medications have caused”
MICHAEL G, 61
Results confirmed in an independent Patient Survey
[egg id="3"]A survey of 177 osteoarthritis patients (average age 65) assessed the effect of Fleqiseq on their daily routine and captured “real-life” experiences with the product. Many patients had other medical conditions as well as OA in multiple joints (hand, knee, shoulder and hip).
- Pain relief: 97% of patients reported that Flexiseq was equal to or better than other products with respect to its effect on pain.
- Improved joint mobility: 99% reported that Flexiseq was equal to or better than other OA products.
CLICK HERE TO BUY FLEXISEQ NOW
- NICE clinical guideline 50. http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11926/39557/39557.pdf
- WHO (2010a), Chronic Rheumatic Conditions, Fact Sheet, who.int/chp/topics/rheumatic/en/ , WHO, Geneva
- Health at a Glance: Europe 2010, OECD Publishing http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/health_glance-2010.en
- Osteoarthritis in General Practice: Data and Perspectives. Arthritis Research UK.
- Pawlak Z et al. Tribology international, 2010;43(9):1719-1725.
- Gerwin N et al. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2006;58:226-242
- Loeser RF et al. Arthritis & Rheumatism 2012;64(6):1697-1707.
- Conaghan P et al. Rheumatology 2013 Jul;52(7):1303-12.