Here is a really simple recipe which I’m sure you’ll love: Baked Banana Split with Salted Chocolate Sauce! It’s a really easy and delicious treat.
Here’s the recipe:
Baked Banana Split with Salted Chocolate Sauce
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut
For the salted chocolate sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (or enough to make a smooth sauce)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of celtic salt (or enough to give it a salty but enjoyable taste).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Slice the banana skin lengthwise just enough to open the banana. Then slice the banana, being careful not to slice the banana all the way through.
- Add teaspoon of butter in the banana and stick it together. Sprinkle the banana with the dried coconut.
- Place the banana on a baking tray and bake until soft about 15 minutes or so.
- While it is baking, make the sauce: mix the cocoa powder, water and maple syrup until you have a smooth sauce.
- When the banana is baked, peel off the banana skin and serve with the salted chocolate sauce.