People use enemas for a number of reasons including:
* A reminder of their treatment as a youth. Many people gravitate toward using an enema to relieve constipation because they received the treatement as a youth and were very satisfied with it.
* A form of punishment. Enemas are popular as a form of friendly punishment among dominant/submissive partners. The ability to force or be forced to retain an enema is found pleasurable by many people.
* Anal/Rectal stimulation. An enema provides a pleasing amount of anal stimulation for many users. Many men find that getting an erection stimulates their prostate and causes them pleasure.
* Cleaning before Anal Sex. Many women prefer an enema before anal sex to cleanse the area and to free them from worrying about their personal hygiene.
* Colonic cleansing. Many visitors believe in the healthful aspects of receiving an enema and the removal of toxins from the lower intestinal tract.
* Administering of some medications. Some enema users use enemas as a way to administer medications. People that suffer from paralysis can use an enema as a way to evacuate their bowels.
* Health Benefits. Many users believe in the health benefits of a clean colon.