Core Ab Workout
Although for most of us it’s hard to fit enough high quality workouts during a week I like to make sure that the men and women I train get at least one day per week where they work on an intense cardio and Core ab workout.
When we speak about core ab workouts we’re not just talking about neck-breaking ab crunches but a much better total core approach.
The best thing about the core ab workout is that it sets a solid foundation in your midsection so you can properly train other parts of your body. In essence it protects your back and allows you to accelerate at a much quicker pace in upping your workout intensity levels.
Let’s look at putting together a killer core ab workout which will really get your abs to show within just a few weeks. Just remember to take it a week at a time and stay on top of the healthy diet so all your efforts don’t go to waste.
The Core Ab Workout
- 8 minutes of jumping rope or elliptical trainer without using the handlebars (these are both great ways to get you to focus on your core muscles helping you balance while at the same time allowing you to burn fat all over).
- 3 sets 10 repetitions Ab crunches on stability ball – keep your neck stable so it doesn’t strain your spine (view image)
- 3 sets Side plank (30 seconds each side) – remember to focus on 90 degrees at your elbow and the ground (view image)
- 3 sets 10 repetitions Plank on exercise ball – keep your abs tight to help with stability (view image)
- 3 sets of 30 seconds Back extensions on stability ball – use your lower back muscles to elevate you nice and slow (view image)
- 3 sets 14 repetitions Bosu knee tucks – stabilize yourself and then tuck in one knee at a time, keep your lower back down (view image)
- 3 sets 10 repetitions Hanging leg raises – aim for at least 10 and you can bend knees to make it easier (view image)
- 3 sets 8 repetitions Woodchopper with medicine ball (view image)
- 3 sets 10 repetitions Bicycle crunches on bosu ball – all about balance so take it nice and slow (view image)
- 8 minutes of jumping rope or elliptical trainer without using the handlebars
Together this core ab workout is quite intense and you should have about 30 seconds rest between sets and between exercises to keep your heart rate up and your metabolism elevated.
Recommended Supplements to Boost Your Core Ab Workout
Want to make your core workout to the next level and reduce your waist size quickly? Then you may want to look at these tried and tested award-winning supplements:
Energy Drink for Motivation & Maximum Force (Try: Muscle Pharm Assault)
Thermogenic Fat Burner (Try: Hydroxycut South African Hoodia)
Fat Suppression (Try: NOW Green Tea Extract)
Whey Protein for Lean Muscle Production (Try: Optimum 100% Natural Whey)
Omega 3’s for Fat Oxidation (Try: NOW Ultra Omega-3)
Have any questions or feedback about this core ab workout? Please leave a comment below:
The post Core Ab Workout appeared first on Weight Loss & Training.
This post first appeared on Weight Loss & Training: Weight Loss Tips & Workout, please read the originial post: here