THE FUNCTIONAL HEALTH BENEFITS OF HIKING
Fall is the perfect time of year to get outdoors and experience the beauty of nature. There is endless research that suggests Hiking is good for our physical bodies, and our spiritual and mental well-being. Spending time outdoors allows us to exercise at a pace we find comfortable, while enjoying the beauty of nature. Hiking is beneficial for individuals of all ages and can be enjoyed alone or with others. It provides benefits beyond what you receive from typical exercise.
What are the Functional Health benefits of hiking?
- Reduce both blood pressure and cortisol level.
- Lower stress levels, improved mood, and enhanced mental wellbeing
- Reduce repetitive intrusive thoughts.
- Walking over uneven terrain increases your energy by up to 28%.
- Spending time in nature removes artificial stimulus such as TVs, cell phones, and computer screens, which improves sleep.
- Hiking alone is wonderful for mental and spiritual rejuvenation, while hiking with others increases bonds of friendship and love.
- Helps burn calories, boost bone density, builds strength in your glutes and quadriceps, and improves cardiovascular health.
- Provides an opportunity to spend time with friends, loved ones, and even pets.
Hiking tips to prevent Lyme Disease
- Avoid tick-infested areas
- Avoid tall grass and overgrowth
- Wear light colored clothes outdoors (you can better see ticks attached to your clothing)
- Wear a hat
- Protect your skin by keeping it covered under long sleeve shirts and pants
- Use natural insect repellants such as citronella oil, garlic oil, lemon grass, or lemon eucalyptus oil
- Check your clothing before coming indoors
- Shower when you come inside to wash the ticks off your body
- Ticks can be transported into your home by your pets, so regularly check under your pet’s ears, collar, and paws
Become a Patient
Are you interested in optimizing your health and wellness and becoming a patient? Call us at (888) 354-2466 or click the button below to get started. At Bion Healthcare, our goal is for you to experience personalized medicine that addresses the root cause of your health concerns and moves you toward optimal living.
The post The Functional Health Benefits of Hiking appeared first on Bion Healthcare .