Thymus Cancer Market is expected to register significant growth over the forecast period. The market was valued at approximately USD 481.85 Million in 2018 and is projected to register a 5.2% CAGR over the forecast period.
Thymus cancer occurs in a small organ that is located behind the sternum (breastbone) in front of the chest.
The rising prevalence of thymus cancer is expected to drive market growth. According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the incidence rate for thymoma is 0.15 cases per 100,000 people, as of 2016. Moreover, increasing research and development expenditure in the field of oncology for the development of innovative drugs to treat cancer is also expected to boost market growth.
However, the side effects of the treatment and stringent government regulations are expected to hamper the market growth.
also read @ https://www.medgadget.com/2019/11/thymus-cancer-market-research-2019-report-analysis-by-cancer-type-treatment-growth-size-challenges-regional-industry-revenue-top-company-profile-merger-forecast-to-2024.html
Thymus Cancer Market Key Players
The key players the global Thymus Cancer Market include
- Amgen Inc (USA)
- Astellas Pharma Inc (Japan)
- Astrazeneca (UK)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (USA)
- Celgene Corporation (USA)
- Cellceutix Corporation (USA)
- Eli Lilly and Company (USA)
- Johnson & Johnson (USA)
- Merck & Co. Inc. (USA)
- Novartis AG (USA)
- Onxeo SA (France)
- Pfizer Inc (USA)
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Taiwan Liposome Company Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Takeda pharmaceutical company (Japan)
- Tiziana Life Sciences PLC (UK)
Thymus Cancer Market Segmentation
The global thymus cancer market has been segmented on the basis of care centers, treatment, types, and lastly region. On the basis of care centers, this market has been segmented into clinics, diagnostic centers, hospitals, research laboratories and others. Based on treatment, the market has been segmented into chemotherapy, surgery, and others. Chemotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses one or more anti-cancer drugs as part of a standardized regimen. Also known as radiation therapy, radiotherapy is a therapy that uses ionizing radiation. Generally, ionizing radiation is used as part of cancer treatment to control or kill malignant cells. Treatment is usually delivered by a linear accelerator. By types, the global thymus cancer market has been segmented into type A, type AB, type B1, type B2, type B3 and thymic carcinoma (type C). The thymus is made from different types of cells, and the types of thymus cancer damage the cells differently.
The regional segmentation of the global Thymus Cancer Market Analysis comprises of regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the rest of the world (RoW). Among these regional market, North America is the largest market due to most advanced medical facilities and treatment being available in this region. In this region, the cream of revenue comes from the United States of America and Canada. After North America, the second largest regional market is Europe. As medical facilities and treatment in Western Europe are more advanced compared to those in Eastern Europe, the countries driving the European market are France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom (UK), followed by rest of Europe.
During the forecast period, Asia Pacific region is expected to grow significantly. In this region, due to the high density of population and the growing awareness about various kinds of cancer, demand for better medical facilities regarding all kinds of cancer including thymus cancer, there is huge scope for market growth in this region. Biggest markets in this market comprise of China, India, Japan and South Korea, followed by the rest of the Asia Pacific region. Although RoW segment includes the whole world, the primary market in this segment comprises of Africa and the Middle East. Due to lack of advanced medical facilities, limited education, and political instability, the market is small in this segment.
Latest Industry News
- Lili Yang, a researcher from the University of California (UCLA), has been awarded the US $1.4 mn to develop further, a stem cell-based cancer treatment that can treat various kinds of cancers including thymus cancer. After genetically modifying the stem cells from healthy donors, Yang’s new method places them in an artificial thymic organoid. The organoid replicates the functions of the thymus and helps convert blood-forming stem cells into immune cells. 23 JUL 2018
- Following the transitioning of a T-cell therapy program, Adaptimmune received a $27.5 mn payment from GlaxoSmithKline. Adaptimmune’s NY-ESO SPEAR T-cell therapy technology boosts the ability of a person’s immune system to recognize and destroy cancer cells. SPEAR stands for specific peptide enhanced affinity receptor T-cells. T-cells are subtypes of white blood cells that develop in the thymus gland. They are responsible for a variety of immune system responses. 24 JUL 2018
Get More Information on Global Thymus Cancer Market Research Report- Forecast To 2024 @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/thymus-cancer-market-1550
Vertigo Treatment Market Research Report – Global Forecast till 2027
Pain Relief Medication Market Research Report – Global Forecast till 2027
Orthopedic Braces Market Research Report – Global Forecast till 2027
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
This post first appeared on Animal Vaccines Market 2019| Worldwide Overview By Size, Share, Trends, please read the originial post: here