Say bye-bye to belly fat and say hello to your ‘six packs’ with this 28-day ab workout challenge!
Throughout all of modern history, many people have attempted to develop rockin’ six-pack abs. However, most people fail in this pursuit.
Why is this the case? Is the problem genetics, diet, or the specific workout plan?
Perhaps this 28-day plan is the only fool-proof method for getting six-pack abs.
Unfortunately, I have to be the bearer of bad news: there is no single workout that will give you a six-pack. Furthermore, there is likely no diet or genetic component that will ensure you have shredded abs.
From what we know through research, a six-pack develops due to a combination of low body fat and strong abdominal muscles.
So, to answer the question in the article title: no, you will likely not get a six-pack from this workout alone.
However, if you complete this workout and clean up your diet, you’ll improve your health significantly. Overtime, you may even develop that long sought-after six-pack!
You may also like:
The Only Ab Exercises You’ll Ever Need for Six-Pack Abs, According to Science
7 Exercises That Will Transform Your Whole Body in Just 4 Weeks
How To Lose Visceral Fat Fast in a Week, According to Experts
28 Days to Six-Pack Abs
In this section, I will describe a plan that can help you on your journey to six-pack abs.
This program includes an exercise progression, as well as a recommendation for water intake.
We will delve deeper into each of these areas in the following subsections. Let’s get started!
The Ab Exercises
During this workout plan, you’ll perform three main ab exercises.
Push-ups have been around for a VERY long time. This exercise has been used as a means of increasing fitness in school-aged kids and military personnel alike.
Push-ups increase strength, stability, and muscular endurance in the upper body. They are a great exercise that can be performed by anyone, anywhere!
How to Perform:
- Place your hands on the floor, directly beneath your shoulders.
- Place your toes on the floor, with your legs extended, feet spaced about hip-width apart.
- Slowly, allow your elbows to bend as you lower your chest toward the floor.
- Once you’ve reached the bottom of your range, push yourself back up to the starting position.
- Complete the prescribed repetitions for the day of the program, described later in this article.
For the goal of strengthening the abs and hip flexors, leg raises are one of the best workouts there is. This movement is hard to perfect, but it is well worth the effort, as it will help you get shredded abs.
How to Perform
- Lie flat on your back, with your hands placed beneath your back and/or buttocks* for support.
- Lift your legs and your low back off the floor as far as you can.
- Be sure to keep your legs in line with your trunk the whole time.
- Slowly, return your legs and back to the ground.
- You should feel a good pull in your abs throughout the whole movement.
- Complete the prescribed number of reps based on your progression through the program. The specifics of the program is described later in this article.
*This will help to decrease pain and discomfort in your low back during the movement.
For abdominal strengthening, is there any exercise better than crunches? According to most fitness professionals, not really!
Crunches are one of the best moves that isolate the rectus abdominis muscle. Better yet, they can be modified in order to hit other muscles of the core region.
How to Perform:
- Lie down flat on your back. Plant your feet on the floor, hip-width apart. Bend your knees and place your arms across your chest. Inhale to contract your abs.
- Exhale and crunch up to lift your upper body off the floor, keeping your head and neck inline and relaxed.
- Inhale and return to the starting position. Continue for the prescribed number of repetitions.
The Critical Role of Water
Water is one of the most basic substances on earth. Quite simply, it’s made up of hydrogen and oxygen.
But even though it may be simple in structure, this substance is the lifeblood of almost every creature on earth.
When it comes to achieving six-pack abs, water helps to fuel cells of the body and to decrease appetite. If you’re committing to a new workout plan of any kind, never neglect the importance of water!
The 28-Day Progression for Six-Pack Abs
In this section, we’ll review the specifics of the workout plan in question. For simplicity’s sake, we’ll break down the recommendations week by week.
- To start, you’ll perform 3 consecutive days of 10 crunches, 10 push-ups, and 10 leg raises. Also, you should try to drink a large glass of water each day.
- On the 4th day, you’ll rest and drink a glass of water.
- Come day 5, you’ll complete 12 reps of pushups, crunches, and leg raises. These days will also be paired with a glass of water each.
- Closing out the week, days 6 and 7 will include 12 pushups, crunches, and leg raises. On each of these two days, you should try to drink 2 glasses of water as well.
- Day 8 is a rest day. You should enjoy your time off on this day, and be sure to drink 2 glasses of water.
- On days 9 and 10, you will perform 15 push-ups, crunches, and leg raises. Additionally, be sure to drink 2 large glasses of water each day.
- Once you’ve made it to day 11, you’ll up your water intake to 3 glasses per day. Continuing from the previous day, you’ll complete 15 reps of each exercise.
- Day 12 serves as a rest day, but be sure to drink your 3 glasses of water.
- Days 13 and 14 should include 17 reps of each exercise and you should drink 3 cups of H2O.
- To kick off week 3, on day 15 you’ll continue with 17 reps of each exercise and 3 glasses of water.
- Day 16 is another beloved rest day, where you should slug down 4 glasses of water.
- After you’ve rested and recovered, your return to the workout on days 17, 18, and 19 will consist of 20 pushups, 20 crunches, and 20 leg raises. Of course, you’ll also drink 4 cups of water each day.
- By day 20, you’ll be begging for a rest day, and you get one! Just be sure to chug your 4 glasses of water.
- You’ve made it to week 4! You’re almost there, but you’ve still got some work to do.
- On days 21-23, you’ll take on 5 cups of water as well as 22 reps of each exercise.
- Day 24 is another rest day. All you have to do is drink your 5 glasses of water.
- Days 26 and 27 should include 6 glasses of water, 25 push-ups, 25 crunches, and 25 leg raises.
- On the last day, you’ll finish with a bang! Day 28 will require you to perform 30 reps of each exercise and to drink 6 glasses of water.
The Takeaway of This 28-Day Six-Pack Abs Challenge
There is no magic pill or quick fix that will give you great abs. However, with consistent effort, a great diet, and a few other considerations, you can slowly work towards the body of your dreams.
However, you should always keep the bigger picture in mind, when working on fitness goals.
Specifically, you should realize that any healthy changes, such as performing more exercise or eating a better diet, will lead you to better health. This will enable you to live a better, pain-free life.
If you’re ready to commit to this program, take your time, keep your goals in mind, and have fun!
The post 28 Days From Now, You’ll Be Sorry You Didn’t Take This Six-Pack Ab Challenge appeared first on Wellness52.
This post first appeared on Keto Diet Rule: Keto Made Simple, Tips, Rules, Diet Plans & Guides, please read the originial post: here