In the morning, no matter how short or long your night was, stretching your muscles and making them supple again is especially good for you.
In this article you will find a simple exercise that will mobilize and stretch your entire body in just 5 minutes. Doing this short stretching will give you energy and is the perfect way to start your day. Pay attention to your own pain sensation and always keep a steady breath.
1. Bending forward while sitting
- Sit on the edge of the bed, open your feet hip-width on the floor and grab your ankles right and left if possible.
- If you can’t get that low yet, you can also hold your shins.
- Pull your upper body down. Optional: If you like, grab the back of your head with both hands and gently lower your head down as well.
- Hold the stretch for about 1 minutes and then slowly come back up.
2. Cat and cow sitting
- Start sitting on the edge of bed with feet hip distance apart.
- Place your hands on your knees or shins. Inhaling arch the spine and lift the chest as you look up.
- As you exhale, round the spine and pull the sitting bones underneath you, arching the upper back and lowering the chin to the chest.
- Do this stretch for 1 minute.
3. Heel Sit
- Come down from the bed and sit on the floor on a pillow in the heel seat.
- If you can’t lower your buttocks, just keep them in the air and hold the position for 1 minutes.
If you are comfortable sitting on your heels: Support yourself with your hands behind you and slowly lean your upper body back.
- Hold for 1 minutes where you can feel a stretch in the front of your thigh.
4. Back bend
- Kneel on the floor in front of your bed. Pad your knees with a pillow or blanket.
- Hold onto the bed with your hands and bring your knees further back, allowing your groin to slowly sink downward.
- You may let your groin sink as low as possible. It may pull in your back as you do this, because you are stretching your hip flexor.
- Hold for 1 minutes at your individual height and then gently come out of this stretch.
5. Bending forward while standing
- Stand in front of your bed and stretch your legs.
- Keeping your legs extended, bend forward and hold onto the bed.
- You can now get your upper body low enough to feel a stretch in your calf, back of the
- knee or thigh. Hold this position for about 1 minutes.
Keep reading: Follow these exercises and your body will be flexible at any age
Share this morning stretching and tell your friends about a great way to keep your muscles in tone!
The post For beginners: 5 minutes morning stretching that you can do from bed appeared first on Body Hiit Workout.