PT-141, also known as bremelanotide, is a synthetic melanocortin receptor agonist developed as a potential therapy for hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder. It was first described in the literature in 2003.
PT-141 is available in lyophilized powder form and sold in 10 mg vials.
At Loti Labs, we pride ourselves on stocking high-quality research chemicals. Buy PT-141 for sale for research purposes only and not for human consumption.
WHAT IS PT-141 ?
PT-141 is a synthetic seven amino acid peptide investigated as a possible therapeutic substance for sexual dysfunction in premenopausal animal models.
While researching the effects of PT-141 in male rats and non-human primates, scientists noted penile erections. The results suggest that PT-141 is a potential new treatment for sexual dysfunction.
STRUCTURE OF PT-141
Molecular Formula: C50H68N14O10
Molecular weight: 1025.2 g/mol
CAS number: 189691-06-3
IUPAC name: (3S,6S,9R,12S,15S,23S)-15-[[(2S)-2-acetamidohexanoyl]amino]-9-benzyl-6-[3-(diaminomethylideneamino)propyl]-12-(1H-imidazol-5-ylmethyl)-3-(1H-indol-3-ylmethyl)-2,5,8,11,14,17-hexaoxo-1,4,7,10,13,18-hexazacyclotricosane-23-carboxylic acid
MECHANISM OF ACTION
PT-141 is an agonist of many melanocortin receptors, which in order of potency are MC1R, MC4R, MC3R, MC5R, and MC2R. The mechanism by which PT-141 improves Hypoactive Sexual Desire disorder is currently unknown.
One theory is that PT-141 stimulates dopamine in the medial preoptic area, which is involved in the sexual behavior of several organisms.
PT-141 Peptide EFFECTS
The theoretical benefits of PT-141 on animal test subjects show that it:
- May cause longer-lasting erections
- May improve sexual performance
- May promote bladder control and strengthen pelvic floor muscles
- Burning fat and calories
- Lowering blood pressure
- Reducing stress levels
PT-141 SIDE EFFECTS
Some of its theoretical side effects are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irritation at the injection site
- Nasal congestion
- Discoloration of the skin
LOOKING FOR WHERE TO BUY PT-141 ONLINE
When searching for research peptides online, it is paramount to buy from a trusted laboratory to ensure the integrity of your research.
Loti Labs offers affordable prices that come with quality control reports. We have in-depth customer support and a generous return policy when you buy PT-141 for sale.
Visit our website or contact us today to buy PT-141 online.
- Clayton AH, Lucas J, DeRogatis LR, Jordan R. Phase I randomized placebo-controlled, double-blind study of the safety and tolerability of bremelanotide coadministered with ethanol in healthy male and female participants. Clin Ther. 2017;39:514–526.e14. [PubMed]
- Bremelanotide (Vyleesi) for hypoactive sexual desire disorder. Med Lett Drugs Ther. 2019;61(1577):114–6. [PubMed]
- Dhillon S, Keam SJ. Bremelanotide: First Approval. Drugs. 2019;79:1599–606. [PubMed]
- Kingsberg SA, Clayton AH, Portman D, Williams LA, Krop J, Jordan R, Lucas J, et al. Bremelanotide for treating hypoactive sexual desire disorder: two randomized phase 3 trials. Obstet Gynecol. 2019;134:899–908. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
- Simon JA, Kingsberg SA, Portman D, Williams LA, Krop J, Jordan R, Lucas J, et al. Long-term safety and efficacy of bremelanotide for hypoactive sexual desire disorder. Obstet Gynecol. 2019;134:909–17. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
The post What is PT-141 Peptide? first appeared on Loti Labs Blog.