Ovarian Cancer is now the 5th leading cause of death in women who get cancer. This year alone over 21,000 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer and 14,000 women will die from this type of cancer.
Ovarian cancer is a very aggressive cancer and can spread rapidly throughout the body. Early detection is difficult because most of the symptoms women experience start out very mild such as abdominal pain or pelvic pain which leads to an incorrect diagnosis or a late diagnosis that doesn’t take place until you are already stage 3 or stage 4 cancer.
It’s a good idea to know if you are at risk for ovarian cancer so you can make the necessary changes to reduce your chances of getting this type of cancer.
Here is a list of the most common causes for ovarian cancer:
1. Menopause- The vast majority of women who get diagnosed with this type of cancer are usually over the age of 50 and have been through menopause. Age definitely is a major factor in increasing the risk for ovarian cancer.
2. Inherited genetic mutations- If cancer is common in your family this increases your risk of getting ovarian cancer or any other type of cancer for that matter. Genetic tests can help detect gene mutations associated with ovarian cancer. This includes mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes. You might want to ask your doctor about genetic testing if you think your at risk due to a family history of cancer.
3. Use of Talcum powder- A lot of women commonly use talcum powder or baby powder. Studies have shown that using baby powder especially around the genital area increases the risk of developing ovarian cancer by 30% or more. There are currently over 9,000 pending lawsuits against Johnson and Johnson from women all across the country who have ovarian cancer and used baby powder frequently.
4. Smoking- Smoking is known to cause all kinds of different cancers including oral cancer, stomach cancer, lung cancer, and ovarian cancer. Over 480,000 people die every year from smoking. If you have tried almost everything to quit but you still failed repeatedly then I recommend you give quit smoking magic at try. It has helped thousands of people quit smoking. The program has great reviews and a 95% success rate. Click here to visit there website and learn more about how this program can help you quit smoking for good.
5. Overweight- Being overweight or obese has been proven to cause all kinds of health related problems including diabetes, heart disease and cancer. According to research done by the American Cancer Society about 10% of all cancers in the United States are linked to obesity. If you have tried to lose weight in the past but have failed over and over again then you need to try the fat burning kitchen diet. I personally lost 92 pounds on this diet. I look and feel great, and I have a ton of energy. The book gives you the best tips to boost your metabolism and speed up fat loss fast just by making small changes to your diet plus its healthy and will make you feel better. It’s on a special offer right now and is free to get. You just pay a small $6.95 shipping and handling fee, that’s it. Click here to get the book now and finally lose the weight.
The post What are the most common ovarian cancer causes appeared first on Help with Ovarian Cancer.