You might not be familiar with it but Goldenseal is one of the most popular herbs in the world. It has many medical benefits. Many readers ask me “does goldenseal help to a pass drug test?” It’s a valid question because goldenseal is easy to acquire and is known for its health benefits.
I decided to do my research on the topic to help out my readers to the best of my abilities. You might have used goldenseal for another medical reason or you might have only heard of it because you have a drug test coming up.
Either way, I’m going to start from scratch and help you get the answer you need. It can be stressful to get a job as a recreational drug user since many places still drug screen applicants and don’t hire those that show up as positive for marijuana or other drugs. Being prepared for the drug test can be a game changer.
What Is Goldenseal?
Goldenseal is an herb/plant called Hydrastis Canadensis. This plant is native to certain parts of North America. It’s been used for many years to treat various ailments. It’s mostly popular for its anti-inflammatory effects and anti-bacterial properties. People use it as a cold or flu remedy, in addition to eye drops, or as a laxative.
- Berberine is one of the compounds in goldenseal that’s responsible for its ability to fight off a cold. Goldenseal can also be combined with Echinacea in creating over the counter cold and flu remedies. The full extent of the effects of goldenseal hasn’t been thoroughly studied. If you have a cold, flu, or allergy, it’s important to consult your doctor first to get a thorough assessment of your condition.
- Goldenseal also acts as a laxative. If you take goldenseal, you will most likely visit the bathroom more often. The laxative effect is why many people think goldenseal would be effective as a detoxing agent or in helping people pass a drug test.
- The side effects of goldenseal are rare and very minor. It’s relatively harmless. Some people experience nausea, GI disturbances, or might have reduced liver activity. These effects usually occur with prolonged and heavy use of goldenseal. If you only use goldenseal for a short time, it’s highly unlikely that you experience any of them.
- The fact that goldenseal can inhibit some liver enzymes is worrisome if you’re trying to pass a drug test. The liver is responsible for getting rid of many of the toxins and chemicals in the body. If the liver is inhibited, these toxins will accumulate.
Does Goldenseal Have Cleansing Properties?
Goldenseal doesn’t seem to have any cleansing properties. It’s an herb that is great at fighting inflammation and combating bacteria but has limited effects otherwise. It’s good for you but it’s not going to help you get rid of anything. Before using goldenseal for a cold or any other reason, you should talk to your doctor first to make sure it’s safe and has no harmful effects.
How Goldenseal Can Help Detoxify Your Body?
Goldenseal has no detoxifying effects on your body. It won’t speed up the elimination of toxins and drugs. On the contrary, since it can inhibit enzymes in the liver, some scientists think it could have the opposite effect. Liver enzymes are the ones that detoxify the body and get rid of drugs or other chemicals.
These enzymes can be stimulated to work at an increased rate or inhibited to work at a lower rate. Goldenseal appears to inhibit them. This can be harmful and will lead to the accumulation of drugs instead of getting rid of them. The laxative effect of goldenseal won’t help detoxify your body.
Is it Reality or Myth that Goldenseal Can Actually Help to Pass a Urine Drug test?
People wonder if goldenseal is a good option before a drug test because it’s an herb and a laxative. Unfortunately, these two facts don’t make it effective at helping you pass a drug test. Additionally, even if you use it, Labs can now detect goldenseal in your urine and will find out that you tried to alter your test results.
There are no studies or results on whether or not goldenseal is useful at helping you pass a drug test. The general consensus so far seems to be that it’s not useful. Whether it’s a urine drug test or a mouth swab test, goldenseal isn’t likely to help you.
Some would argue that it would be a smarter idea to avoid goldenseal before you need to take a drug test. Many chemicals and foods act on our liver enzymes. Goldenseal is one of them and it inhibits these enzymes and slows them down. This will make it harder for the liver to get rid of the drugs in your body.
- It’s a natural herb/plant.
- Easy to find and inexpensive.
- Safe and almost has no side effects.
- Side effects are rare, minor, and transient.
- Can help you fight a cold or a mild infection.
- Won’t help you pass a drug test.
- Can inhibit liver enzymes slowing down detoxification instead of speeding it up.
- Studies haven’t demonstrated numerous benefits.
Fortunately, goldenseal is safe and is highly unlikely to hurt you. If you want to try it to pass a drug test, feel free to do so but it’s not something that I would recommend for the above mentioned reasons. Goldenseal might end up doing more harm than good. Until we have more information and more studies are done, try not to use goldenseal to pass a urine drug test.
There are better and more effective ways of passing a drug test. If you have enough time until your test, you can cleanse your body naturally through exercising and healthy diet. And if you need to significantly speed up your body detoxing process; you might consider using a whole body detox program like Toxin Rid.
So, if you are a light/moderate user, a 2-3 days detox program should be able to help you to drop your THC levels below cutoff levels.
But if you are a regular marijuana user (more than 2-3 times a week), I usually recommend completing at least a 10 day detox program as the best option. I have seen that many heavy users were able to detox their bodies before their drug test day.
Some users prefer on the day of their test to use a popular detox drink like Mega Clean or QCarbo32. Just remember that such drinks are most effective for light or moderate users, but not for heavy ones.
Please check other available detox marijuana products here:
- How to choose Detox Marijuana Products for a
- How to choose Detox Marijuana Products for a
Thank you for reading our “Does Goldenseal Help to Pass Drug Test in 2020?”
We would love to hear about your experience with using goldenseal in order to pass your urine drug test. Please live comment below and I believe others in the same situation will definitely appreciate and benefit from it
“How Long Does Weed (THC) Stay in Your Urine? – Important Data You Need to Know!!!”
“Fact or Fiction – You Can Beat a Drug Test with Home Remedies?”
Learn more here:
The post Does Goldenseal Help to Pass Drug Test? appeared first on DETOX MARIJUANA FAST.