Natural gas is the best clean fuel that produces only carbon monoxide, water vapour, and nitrogen oxide when burnt. It is used to power a range of consumer products, including furnaces, fireplaces, and stoves. In Australia, at least one of the home appliances runs on Natural Gas. However, natural gas can be dangerous if not properly handled.
According to a survey, about 41% of fire-related deaths in the home were caused by gas, smoke, or toxic fumes. More widespread fire safety education is needed on how to prevent fires and how to avoid serious injury if a fire occurs.
Is natural gas safe at home?
Yes, if used correctly, natural gas is a safe, efficient source of fuel. However, it is a flammable material and a gas leak can cause potential, and inhaling the gas can cause gas poisoning. Hence, it should be handled properly with care. Here are the safety tips suggested by the Gas Fitters Toowoomba that can help protect your home.
Never ignore the signs of a gas leak
Gas pipe and appliances powered by natural gas can develop leaks over time and can have negative effects. So, it is essential to identify the signs of natural Gas Leaks and take necessary action to fix the leak with the help of Plumber Toowoomba. The smell of rotten eggs, air bubbles outside your house, hissing sound, dead plants, symptoms of gas poisoning, and higher than normal usage are tell-tale signs that indicate gas leaks within your home. If you detect any of these signs, call the plumber who is specialised in gas installations Toowoomba qld.
Inspect the appliances regularly
You should inspect the appliances that use natural gas regularly to prevent and identify possible gas leaks and faults. Read the manufacturer’s instructions and learn what to check and how often. Electric clothes dryer, water heaters, stoves, and electric generators are the common gas-powered appliances found in the home.
Keep children away
If you have children, never let them near the gas stoves, heaters, and other sources of natural gas. Teach your children how to spot and identify the natural gas smell, and to detect the gas leaks if you are away from home.
Learn to shut off natural gas
Every home that uses natural gas has a shutoff valve. You must learn to shut off the valve in case of an emergency before the plumber or rescue team arrives.
Install carbon monoxide detectors
As slow gas leaks don’t show any signs, it is recommended to install a natural gas detector to alert the presence of carbon monoxide inside your house.
The author is a skilled Plumber in Toowoomba. Along with a team of professionals, he provides high-quality, quick, and affordable plumbing services to both commercial and residential properties. Visit https://www.vesplumbingandgas.com.au for more details.