Dr. Mehul Choksi is thewith vast experience in the field of digestive diseases and advanced therapeutic endoscopy.
After completing MBBS from Mumbai University, Dr. Choksi pursued his residency training in General Medicine.
After completing DM (Gastroenterology), Dr. Choksi underwent training in Gastrointestinal Oncology and Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy at India’s premier cancer institute; Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai where he also held a teaching position.
He was awarded the Peter Cotton Travel Fellowship in Advanced Endoscopy at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA where he underwent training in the latest and advanced therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures. He is also trained at the Center for Interventional Endoscopy, Florida Hospital, Orlando, USA where he learned Endoscopic Ultrasound techniques.
Dr. Choksi has immense experience in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures encompassing gastroscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, EUS and enteroscopy including palliative stenting of advanced gastrointestinal malignancies. He is expert in treating benign and malignant gastrointestinal disorders.
- Peter Cotton Advanced Endoscopy Travel Fellowship, Charleston, USA
- Advanced Endoscopy Observership at The Center for Interventional Endoscopy, Orlando, USA
- MBBS - Rajiv Gandhi Medical College, Mumbai University, 2001
- MD - Internal Medicine - St Johns Medical College, Bangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka, 2004
- DM - Gastroenterology - Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu The Dr M.G.R Medical University, Tamil Nadu, 2010
- 11 years experience in the field of Gastroenterology
- 2012 - 2013 Ad – Hoc Lecturer, Dept of Digestive Diseases and Clinical Nutrition at Tata Memorial Hospital
- 2011 - 2012 Specialist Senior Resident at Tata Memorial Hospital
- 2010 - 2011 Assistant Gastroenterologist at Bombay Hospital And Medical Research Centre, Mumbai
Awards and Recognitions
- Oral Paper Award 50th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Kolkata, India -2009
- Nominated for Best Shatayushi Foundation Medical Student – 2000
Association of Interventional GI Endoscopy Foundation, India
2001/02/0400 Maharashtra Medical Council