As per the CDC recommendations, you must wear a Mask when you step out of your home. But the question is, is it necessary to cover your face with a mask when you’re in your car?
Read on this blog to find out!
If you’ve been on the road lately and noticed other drivers sporting face masks, you might’ve wondered – Should I be wearing a mask while driving my car?
The answer is NO!
If you’re Traveling alone, then no. You don’t need to cover your face with a mask if you’re alone in your car.
And if you’re traveling with someone, if you must wear a mask in certain circumstances, including:
- If you’re in the car with people who do not reside with you. In this situation, avoid opening car windows or using the “recirculation” setting on your car’s AC for air circulation.
- If someone traveling with you is not well.
- If you are not well and someone else is traveling with you.
Things to consider while keeping a mask on
If you are wearing a mask in public, here are some things that you must keep in your mind:
- Avoid touching your face mask again and again.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before wearing a mask.
- When stepping out in public, it’s better to keep your mask on for a while instead of taking it on and off frequently.
- As soon as the face mask gets damp or wet, change it and use a detergent to clean it.
- Never reuse face mask after a single use without cleaning it.
By this time, you must have got the idea that driving with keep a mask on can be a little risky as it reduces your field of vision. So if no one is traveling with, you can think of your car as your home extension where you can sit without wearing a mask. You need to wear a mask in your living room only when some is visiting you. Similarly, you can avoid wearing a mask when you’re traveling alone in your car.
Want to know more about COVID-19, stay tuned to Wise Rx prescription discount card blog!