Table of Contents
- What is Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet?
- Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
- Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Uses and Benefits
- How Does Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Work?
- How to use Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet?
- Side Effects of Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
- Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Dosage and Precautions
- Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Contraindications
- Drug interactions of Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
- General warnings about Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
- Substitutes for Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
What is Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet?
Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet is a prescription medicine used to manage chest pain or angina that is caused as a result of narrowing of blood vessels that supply blood to the heart. It is beneficial only in the prevention of chest pain but not if the pain has already occurred.
Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
Composition – Nitrocontin 2.6mg contains Nitroglycerin 2.6mg which is also known as Glyceryl Trinitrate 2.6mg (GTN) as an active ingredient.
Manufactured By – Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription is required, this is a prescription medicine and should be taken on the prescription of registered medical practitioner.
Available in the Forms – This medicine is available in the form of tablets.
Drug Type – Nitrocontin belongs to the group of medicine called as Nitrates.
Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Uses and Benefits
Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet is mainly prescribed to treat chest pain caused by decreased blood flow to the heart due to narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart. Apart from this, your doctor may prescribe this medicine to treat some other conditions such as –
- Angina (primary use of the medicine)
- Hypertension during surgeries
- Chronic anal fissures
How Does Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Work?
Nitrocontin 2.6mg relaxes the blood vessels. As the blood vessels relax there is less demand for oxygen by the heart and minimize load on heart muscles. As a result, it benefits in treating chest pain or angina.
It is advised to use this medication along with lifestyle modifications such as regular exercise, healthy diet and quitting the habit of smoking. Never stop the usage without your doctor’s consent.
How to use Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet?
Follow the schedule as mentioned in the prescription. This medicine can be used with or without food. Never crush or chew the tablet. Take it along with some liquids or water.
Side Effects of Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet may possibly show some side effects and it is advised to consult your doctor if any such side effects are noticed. Some commonly possible side effects are –
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Dizziness and Fainting
- Swelling of Eyes, Ears, and Inside of Nose
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Change in Heart Rate
- Excessive Sweating
- Severe Chest Pain
- Blurred Vision
- Pale and Clammy Skin
Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Dosage and Precautions
Strictly follow the dosage instruction as mentioned in the prescription and never take an extra dose to make up for a missed or skipped dose. Consult your doctor immediately if any overdosage happens by mistake.
Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet Contraindications
Nitrocontin 2.6mg is generally not recommended to use if the patient is suffering from health conditions such as:
- Obstructive heart disease
- In case of Head injuries or increased pressure in the brain
- If under medication for erectile dysfunction
- If under medication for blood clotting disorders
Drug interactions of Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
Nitrocontin 2.6mg can possibly show drug interactions if used in combination with other medication. It is advised to share detailed information about your current medication, even if you are using any supplementary medicine or OTC (over the counter medicine) to avoid the possible drug interactions.
Nitrocontin 2.6mg is known to show drug interactions if used along with below mentions medicines:
General warnings about Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
- It is advised to share all the information regarding your current list of medication and health conditions with your doctor to avoid the possible side effects or risks.
- Generally not recommended in case of pregnant and breastfeeding women. They should consult with their gynecologist and usage in such patients is recommended only if the benefits outweigh the possible side effects.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause dizziness.
- Usage of Nitrocontin 2.6mg may cause fall in blood pressure and as a result, the patient may feel dizzy particularly while getting into a standing position from sitting or sleeping positions. (orthostatic hypotension)
Substitutes for Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet
Mentioned below are alternate brands of medicine available as a substitute to Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet as they are composed of the same active ingredients and strength. Your doctor may prescribe any of them as a substitute to Nitrocontin 2.6mg Tablet.
- G3N 2.6 MG Tablet – Manufactured by Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Gtn 2.6 MG Tablet – Manufactured by Abbott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd
- Monit-Gtn 2.6 MG Tablet – Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Nitrogard 2.6 MG Tablet – Manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Nitrolong 2.6 MG Tablet – Manufactured by Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
The post Nitrocontin appeared first on .