This Easy Cheesy Crockpot Chicken Corn Chili is packed with warm Mexican flavors amid a deliciously creamy base. It doesn’t sit heavy in your stomach but manages to fill you up with comforting, nutritious ingredients.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa (I love mild but if you prefer a bit of spice, you can definitely use a spicier salsa!)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can corn, rinsed and drained or 1 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- cilantro for topping
- Combine chicken, salsa, water, cumin, chili powder and salt in a slow cooker. Let cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Place the chicken back into the crock pot and stir in cream cheese (I recommend adding it in small pieces), corn and black beans. Stir until cream cheese begins to melt and cover. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes until cream cheese melts and everything heats up.
- Stir in shredded cheese and spoon chili into bowls. Top with cilantro and enjoy!
This is an easy recipe to adapt to your personal tastes and preferences. I’ve made it with double the black beans and loved it! I’ve also added diced zucchini and bell peppers to the recipe for some additional nutrition from fresh veggies and thought it was great. You may also adjust the amount of water in the recipe to make the chili soupier or reduce the water to make it a little thicker.
Keywords: chili, crock pot, slow cooker, crock pot chili, slow cooker chili,