Has anyone heard of different ways of making a baby?? Well! Even I didn’t and was as astonished as you are. Just like any other layman, even I was aware of Ivf or frozen embryos, but not a bit more than that.
Wish to know more, then what are you waiting for, read on:
1. Natural sex / reproductive sex: Sex between two individuals of opposite sexes (married couples or sexual partners), with the intention of getting pregnant.
2. Artificial insemination: Is the act of injecting semen into the uterus by means other than natural sex?
4. In vitro fertilization (IVF)—using egg and sperm of parents: One of the most effective fertility treatments, it is done with patients own eggs and sperm, donor embryos or even a carrier.
5. Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD or PIGD): Is a binary process allowing experts to filter embryos made through IVF, for any genetic defects? Systems have two different methods of testing, first one is PGS and another one is PGD.
6. IVF—with egg donor: This technique demands that the donor’s egg is fertilized into partner’s sperm and then transfer of embryos into the uterus for pregnancy. Many women are heard of conceiving through this method, and also having healthy kids.
7. IVF—with surrogate and sperm donor: In case a couple is unable to use their own eggs and sperm, IVF may be performed using donor sperm, donor eggs or donated embryos.
8. IVF—with surrogate using her egg, sperm from baby’s father: Also known as surrogacy, it involves one woman’s uterus for implanting and carrying an embryo so that a baby is delivered for another couple.
9. IVF—with surrogate using parents’ egg and sperm: It is a widely available technique enabling infertile couples, single women, and couples of the same sex to have a family of their own.
10. Cytoplasmic transfer: With growing age, a higher number of failures happen in the genetic material of each cell. The quality of egg also decreases as we age; Failure in the cytoplasm is much higher than in nuclei.
11. Nuclear transfer and cloning: It is a form of cloning, the steps are removing DNA from an oocyte and inserting nucleus, containing DNA to be cloned.
12. Artificial insemination: With egg and sperm donors, using a surrogate mother. Also known as third-party reproduction, eggs, sperms, embryos anything donated by the third person to enable an infertile couple/individual to have kids. Both, gestational carrier arrangements or traditional surrogacy.
13. (ICSI): ICSI can increase the fertilization process for many couples going through In Vitro Fertilization.