Apples are packed with disease fighting vitamins and antioxidants which is good for your health.
Eating Apples has been linked to a lower risk of chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart diseases and dementia. Eating Apples in their whole form, will give you synergistic blend of nutrients and fibers the way nature intended,yielding greater health benefits than Apple juice.
The following are some of the health benefits of Apples:
- Apples gives you whiter and healthier teeth. The biting and chewing of an apple stimulates the production of saliva in the mouth ,which helps in reducing tooth decay, by lowering the level of bacteria.
- Apples lowers the risk of Alzheimer's disease.Drinking apple juice could keep Alzheimer's away, and help fight the effects of aging of the brain.
- Apples protects against Parkinson's disease. High fiber foods like Apples, protect against the occurrence of Parkinson's disease.
- Apples lower the risk of diabetes. Women who eat at least one apple a day, are 28% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who don't.
- Apples helps in reducing cholesterol. The fiber found in Apples, helps lower your cholesterol levels.
- Apples increase healthier heart. The phenolic compound found in Apples skins, prevents the cholesterol that get into your system from solidifying on your artery walls. When plaques builds inside your arteries, it reduces the blood flow into your heart, leading to coronary artery disease.
- Apples prevent gallstones. Gallstones form when there's too much cholesterol in your bile for it to remain as liquid, so it solidify. To prevent gallstones, doctors recommends diets that are high in fiber. The high fiber contents of Apples fights the formation of gallstones.
- Apples boost your immune system. Red Apples contain an antioxidants called quercetin which can help boost and fortify your immune system.
An Apple a day keeps the doctor's away,add this to your daily menu and reap the health benefits.