Papaya is known to be deliciously sweet and mostly enjoyed all year round.Papaya is not only sweet but have a wide variety of health benefits. its packed with various vitamins and antioxidants which helps the body fight diseases and stay strong and healthy.This fruit is filled with health benefits and consuming it will help your overall health.
Papaya is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Flavonoids,Carotene,Folates,Potassium and Magnesium.it is also a very good source of fiber. The following are health benefits of eating Papaya :
- Helps Diabetics:Although Papaya is a sweet fruit, it is actually low in sugar content and this makes it a perfect fruit for people suffering from diabetes. Consuming Papaya on a regular basis can help maintain the blood sugar level, and the cholesterol level because of its rich fiber contents, thereby keeping diabetes in check.
- Aids Digestion: Papaya is known to helps the digestive system because of the presence of papain enzymes in Papaya, which helps breakdown proteins and improve digestive health.
- Prevent Cancer and Heart Diseases:Papaya is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and phytonutrients, which helps prevents the occurrence of free radicals, which destroys the cells and cause Cancer and other Heart related diseases.
- Boost immunity: Do you know papaya fruit has more Vitamin C than orange?. Papaya helps boost your immune system which acts as a shield against various infections and diseases that can make you sick.Build a stronger immune system by consuming papaya regularly.
- Helps with Arthritis:People suffering from Arthritis and osteoporosis,should consume Papaya regularly. Papaya has anti-inflammatory effects because of the presence of papain and high Vitamin C contents in it , which helps in reducing pain and inflammation associated with Arthritis.
- Helps with menstrual pain: Are you always suffering from excruciating menstrual pains and cramps?. Stop suffering in silence and consume more Papaya to ease your pain. The papain enzyme in Papaya helps women that suffers from menstrual pains and cramps every month, and also helps regulate the flow.
- Helps with weight loss: If you are planning to loss weight, do not forget to include Papaya in your menu. Papaya is packed with high dietary fiber, which helps in weight loss by controlling cravings and creating a feeling of fullness.