Headaches in any form must be a troubleshoot, let’s find out how:
What causes sinus headaches:
A sinus headache is caused by the blockage of the sinuses that can further move to the neck.
The percentage ratio of the people with a sinus infection is 80 to 90%, in which women percentage is higher.
When the nose, eyes, and cheeks cavities are filled with air and get inflamed.
Cold and damp weather can make the pain worse and can cause the symptoms of a tension headache and migraine.
How can you diagnose a sinus headache?
Visiting a doctor, ENT specialist will make the diagnosis of the sinus and its headache. It can be advised by the doctor to get a CT Scan done for the confirmation of the diagnosis or any other possibilities.
Though it is important to seek a medical care as soon as possible if the condition is severe and the symptoms are considerate.
Some symptoms that show severe infection are high fever, high pain along with swelling over the face.
Factors that affect sinus infection:
- High altitude flying can block sinuses.
- Swimming too frequently can also be a risk.
- In case of nasal bone swelling, it might become difficult to breathe.
- Low immune, tending to catch fever affecting respiratory system can cause infection. Also, asthma patients can suffer through the sinus.
- The nose remains blocked or running.
- A severe headache in the morning.
- When fever hits, pain becomes worse.
- A sudden pain in the head, nose when leaning forward.
- Pressured pain at certain areas of the face.
Can the symptoms be treated at home?
Medicine prescribed by the doctor controls inflammation and control pain and sinus headaches headaches. Although, self-care can also help prevent sinus headaches.
Some measures can prevent sinus headaches:
- If you live in a particularly dry place use humidifier to increase humidity while breathing.
- Flushing out mucus with the help of nasal irrigation can relieve the symptoms of a headache.
- Drink lots of water or intake of fluid will keep you hydrated and will relieve from a sinus headache.
- Using nasal spray also helps in proper breathing.
- Taking proper medicine on time is necessary.
Tips for headache prevention:
If taken proper care and balanced lifestyle sinus can be cured:
- First and the foremost treatment is to visit the doctor and getting the right treatment for your problem.
- If you are a smoker and want to treat the pain, you must quit smoking.
- Keep yourself hygienic.Wash hands before the meal and after to avoid infection.
- Avoid things that you are allergic too. For example, avoid dust if you have an allergy to dust or avoid drinking or eating cold to not to catch a cold quickly. And not trigger sinus causing headache.
- For effective drainage and lesser risk of blockage, must stay hydrated. Drinking plentiful in liquids minimizes the risk of sinus infection.
Though, these were the tips that would relieve the pressure caused by sinus infection. A simple and effective way to relieve pain can be thorough acupressure. press the web part of the hand which is located between your forefinger and your thumb. The pressure will relieve the pain in the head.
You may also see How to Stop Headache Immediately without any Medicine.
The post Self Care To Cure sinus headaches appeared first on Health and Fitness tips | Men's Health - Fit Life Pedia.