As anyone who sufferers from Anxiety will know, when you are in the grip of an attack it’s extremely difficult to get control. Something I’ve found extremely helpful is to say positive Affirmations.
Before we get to the list of affirmations for anxiety sufferers I think a little background information is in order. What are affirmations and how do the benefit anxiety?
What Are Affirmations?
The word affirmation generally refers to the practice of positive thinking and self empowerment using key phrases as reinforcement.
The phrase or statement should be repeated frequently and should always be present tense.
When the subconscious mind hears these phrases repeatedly it interprets them as fact.
Benefits of Affirmations
- They can motivate you
- They help keep your mind focused
- Can open you up to new possibilities
- They can help change the way you think
- They are flexible, they can be whatever you want them to be
- They can be applied to any aspect of your life
- Repeated statements of positivity can eliminate doubt and insecurity
How Do Affirmations Benefit Anxiety
- The positivity that comes with repeating affirmations will counter the negativity that comes with anxiety
- They will provide a distraction from anxious feelings
- Affirmations provide a regular reminder to think positively
- Saying them aloud can help keep you in the present moment
- Negative emotions like fear, dread and self doubt can be replaced by positive ones like love, strength and confidence
Now before we move onto the list I just need to say that affirmations are not a cure for anxiety but they can be a highly effective coping strategy.
40 Affirmations For Anxiety
- Anxiety will not define me.
- I am not alone.
- I am in control.
- I know that this will pass.
- I can let go of negative feelings.
- I am safe.
- I am strong.
- I am worthy.
- I am loved.
- I can get through this.
- I do not need to feel scared.
- Every breath I take keeps me calm.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I look toward the future with hope.
- I acknowledge and am prepared for change.
- I have peace within me.
- I’ve survived this before and will survive again.
- I will focus on the beauty around me.
- I have the patience to overcome this.
- I am in control of my breathing and can slow it down.
- It is safe for me to heal and grow.
- I will fill my mind with positive thoughts.
- I have the power to stop this.
- I can solve any problems I may face.
- I will attract positive energy.
- I am healing more each day.
- I choose to focus and be relaxed.
- I choose to have a positive reaction to every situation I am faced with.
- I will have a serene life.
- I can stay calm under pressure.
- I will focus on my breathing.
- My life is calm.
- Everything is okay in my life.
- I am better than my anxiety.
- I am letting go of my worries.
- I will become more relaxed every day.
- I can relax my mind.
- I deserve to be calm.
- I will release all the tension I’m holding in my body.
- I am open to the idea that my future will be bright.
It’s quite a long list! I recommend that you just focus on a few and use the same ones when you feel an attack coming on.
Have you tried using affirmations to help cope with anxiety? Did you find them effective? Let me know in the comments.