The Soothing Power Of Music
So why is music so great at calming us down? Well, music has a unique link to our emotions so it can be an extremely effective stress management tool.
The right kind of music can have an amazingly relaxing effect on our minds and bodies. It can also be beneficial to our health, slowing the heart rate, lowering the blood pressure and decreasing our levels of stress hormones. Music is also found to be effective in reducing anxiety before surgery.
Music absorbs our attention and can be used as a distraction. Listening to calming music before bed can promote relaxation and can also induce sleep.
As an anxiety sufferer I listen to a lot of music, especially at night. It relaxes me and calms my mind. I have found it beneficial in many ways and I don’t know what I would do without it.
It works so well for me that I decided to compile a playlist of my favourite relaxing tracks, and share them with you.
So here it is
Play it on Spotifyhere
For those of you who don’t have Spotify, here is a complete track list.
1. Wings - Birdy
2. First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes
3. Skinny Love - Bon Iver
4. Daydream In Blue - I Monster
5. Angels - The xx
6. Wait - M83
7. Death Dream - Frightened Rabbit
8. Trouble - Cage The Elephant
9. The Night We Met - Lord Huron
10. Step - Vampire Weekend
11. Real Love Baby - Father John Misty
12. King and Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
13. Delilah - Florence + The Machine
14. Glory And Gore - Lorde
15. Wait For Life - Emile Haynie
16. Simple As This - Jake Bugg
17. I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys
18. Breakaway - George Ezra
19. Bel Air - Lana Del Rey
20. Oceans - Seafret
So there you go, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.