You must have heard of the amazing transformation of Mitch Grassi. Whether you know this guy or not, you will feel curious to know who he was, what he looked like and what made him embrace this new lifestyle.
Who is Mitch Grassi?
Mitch is a member of one of the most amazing acapella group in the world. He is a member of Pentatonix. This team has a fantastic mix of voices, which made them unforgettable. Mitch, specifically, was under the spotlight more than the others. There were many reasons. First, he was their lead singer. Second, he was gay. Third, he was in such a terrible relationship. Finally, he did lose so much weight and had an impressive transformation.
Of course, tabloids jumped right at this opportunity and started spreading some rumors. Some of these claimed that he lost weight due to the terrible relationship he had. Another circulating suggestion was that he was ill of chronic diseases.
Mitch Grassi Weight Loss Regimen
Despite all the rumors about the possible causes of his weight-loss, Mitch announced that his relationship has nothing to do with his pounds off. He then informed the media that he shifted to a gluten-free Diet. This system needs monitoring as it can be risky to follow it without supervision. By itself, it is not enough to make you lose lots of pounds. With more than 13 million subscribers on YouTube, this singer was an inspiration to many people. He did not lose weight resorting to any surgery or pill like the cla safflower oil or the detox pills to lose weight.
When you decide on a gluten-free diet, this can be a challenging step in your health journey. It might take you a little bit more time to get used to the new list of food allowed; however, once you understand the regimen, you are in it for good. Unlike the Chris Pratt weight loss diet that consisted of eating high calories and working out intensively, Grassi went into a simple weight-loss regimen.
If you want to look for food that is naturally gluten-free, here is the list:
- Meat and Chicken
- Fish and Seafood
- Dairy food
- Beans and Legumes
- Nuts: these are naturally gluten-free. When you start this regimen, you get lost when picking a tasty snack for you. Nuts are your perfect option. You just need to make sure that they do not contain any wheat products in them. You just need to check the labels. In many instances, you can make flour out of the nuts that you can use for baking some cakes.
- Pure weight-grass
- Buckwheat: this can be a kind of flour that is gluten-free. You can use it to make a beautiful cake or some pancakes.
- Quinoa: this is considered as a grain but is gluten-free. It is the perfect substitute for rice and pasta. You can even use the quinoa flour and make some cakes, bread, or muffins.
- Chia Seeds: These can be used as seeds or as thickeners. When you add water to chia, they become like a gel. You can use them in a smoothie. The good thing is that they are very rich in omega-3.
- Potato Chips: These are great snack options. You can serve them with a hummus dip. Make sure you read the labels for possible wheat content, like the case of Pringles.
- Oats: This is the best breakfast option for those following a gluten-free diet. Make sure they are not pressed in facilities that contain wheat. Oat is high in antioxidants, proteins, and fibers.
- Rice Crispies: Yes, this cereal is gluten-free! You can have it as a snack or for breakfast with some milk. You can even use it to bake some squares by adding marshmallows.
- Hemp Seeds: They are great ingredients in smoothies and bread. Hemp seeds are high in fatty acids, proteins, vitamin E, and potassium.
- Rice: This is a gluten-free side dish. You can have it with some chicken and veggies for a perfect dinner option.
- Corn/cornmeal: This starch option is gluten-free and is an excellent ingredient in many recipes.
- Macarons: These fantastic desserts are gluten-free! They contain almonds, sugar egg whites, and cream.
Other gluten-free options include marshmallows, popcorn, cheerios, flax meals, corn tortillas, granola bars, seed crackers, and yogurt! The good thing is that despite being deprived from gluten-free food options, at least you are not deprived from food like the case of the military diet substitutions. A much more rigid diet is the Jimmy Kimmel weight loss regimen that dictated him to not eat at all on Mondays and Thursdays. The system is called 5:2 and can be a little extreme.
Mitch Grassi Recipes options
When on a gluten-free diet, you might get confused as how to prepare the meals you like without actually taking in gluten. Here are some recipes.
Gluten-Free Brownies: These can be prepared by adding ¾ cup of butter, 2/3 cup of chocolate chips, 2/3 cup of sugar, two eggs, 2/3 cup of gluten-free flour, two big spoons of cocoa powder and one big spoon of water.
Gluten-free Sandwich Bread: This recipe includes three cups of gluten-free flour, 3 big spoons of sugar, 2 small spoons of yeast, a little salt, a little xanthan gum, one cup of warm milk, 4 big spoons of butter and three eggs.
Gluten-free chicken Low Mein: This recipe is made of chicken breasts, low sodium gluten-free tamari, cornstarch, white pepper, gluten-free spaghetti, cooking oil, broccoli, coleslaw mix, garlic and onions. The sauce will be made of gluten-free tamari, gluten-free oyster sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, chili sauce, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper.
Other ways to weight loss
While Mitch decided on a gluten-free diet, he did not want to follow the carb cycling sample diet. This system is a very rigid one where you get three kinds of carbs days. You have to alternate between high carbs days, low carbs days and no carbs days. The system relies on converting the body to use fat as a source of energy by depriving him from his preferred source of energy: carbs! Many celebrities followed this system and found great results! No need to take the Garcinia Cambogia dr Oz pills that are made of this sweet fruit that helps losing weight.
Whatever you end up picking for your weight-loss journey, you need to make sure that you believe in its power. When you are convinced about a certain regimen, you follow it gladly. If you have any chronic disease, you need to make sure that the meal plan you are following is the right one for you. For example, if you have high cholesterol levels, you cannot go on an Atkins diet. Also, if you have kidney issues, you might want to follow the renal diet that limits your intake of sodium, potassium and phosphorus.
When you lose weight, your entire life will change. You will feel healthier, you will look healthier and you will behave more positively. Overweight and obese people are more prone to chronic illnesses and depression. Such illnesses include cardiovascular diseases like high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, diabetes type-2, arthritis, and many others.