As Nigerians we dont often think about the Negative side effects of Alcohol.
Most of us even Drink it like Water. Meaning we drink liqour in liters. Ask my brothers and sisters from the Niger Delta region in Nigeria and you will quickly move from amazed to shocked.
I was on my way to the Atm machine when i came across my inlaw and that was how i ended up drinking two glassful of local gin.
But even as i drank through the moment i pondered on the Various negative side effects of Alcohol.
With that in mind i decided to write a post on the matter.
The Various Bitter Leaf Uses
I hope it educates you enough to make the right decisions in those hours when the lid is broken and alcohol is made the order of the day.
So what are the negative side effects of Alcohol?
- Digestive System: Drinking can damage the tissues in your digestive tract and prevent your intestines from digesting food and absorbing nutrients and vitamins. As a result, malnutrition may occur.
- Circulatory System: Alcohol can affect your heart and lungs. People who are chronic drinkers of alcohol have a higher risk of heart-related issues than people who do not drink. Women who drink are more likely to develop heart disease than men who drink.
- Sexual And Reproductive Health: Men who drink too much are more likely to experience erectile dysfunction. Heavy drinking can also prevent sex hormone production and lower your libido. And also, women who drink too much may stop menstruating.
- Skeletal and muscle systems: Long-term alcohol use may prevent your body from keeping your bones strong. This habit may cause thinner bones and increase your risk for fractures if you fall. And factures may heal more slowly.
- Immune System : Drinking heavily reduces your body’s natural immune system . This makes it more difficult for your body to fight off invading germs and viruses.
- Digestive and endocrine glands: Drinking too much alcohol can cause abnormal activation of digestive enzymes produced by the pancreas . Buildup of these enzymes can lead to inflammation known as pancreatitis. Pancreatitis can become a long-term condition and cause serious complications . Can Bitter Leaf Cute Diabetes
- Inflammatory damage: The liver is an organ which helps break down and remove harmful substances from your body, including alcohol. Long-term alcohol use interferes with this process. It also increases your risk for chronic liver inflammation and liver disease.
- Sugar Levels: The pancreas helps regulate your body’s insulin use and response to glucose. When your pancreas and liver aren’t functioning properly, you run the risk of experiencing low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia . A damaged pancreas may also prevent the body from producing enough insulin to utilize sugar. This can lead to hyperglycemia , or too much sugar in the blood.
- Central nervous system: Alcohol can reduce communication between your brain and your body. This makes coordination more difficult. Drinking also makes it difficult for your brain to create long-term memories. It also reduces your ability to think clearly and make rational choices. Over time, frontal lobe damage can occur.
- Too Much Alcohol Dependency: Some people who drink heavily may develop a physical and emotional dependency on alcohol. Alcohol withdrawal can be difficult and life-threatening. You often need professional help to break an alcohol addiction. As a result, many people seek medical detoxification to get sober.
I intend sharing this post on the negative side effects of Alcohol with my inlaw and i hope you do the same.
The post 10 Negative Side Effects of Alcohol appeared first on Naturally Healthy Talk.