This stew-like dish is easiest for a frosty night. It’s totally customizable — you’ll be able to change any legume, vegetables or grains with no matter’s for your pantry or to replicate your own personal tastes. And, as this dish takes just one pan to organize, cleanup might be a snap.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit instructional scientific heart. Advertising on our web site is helping toughen our undertaking. We don’t endorse non-Cleveland Clinic merchandise or services and products. Policy
- four cups onion, diced medium
- three tablespoon additional virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- three cups firmly packed broccoli florets
- 15 ounce can black beans, tired and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon contemporary garlic, minced
- ½ cup arugula
- ½ cup spinach, stems got rid of
- Two 23- to 25-ounce jars tomato sauce, with out a added sugars
- 2 cups cooked pink quinoa (about 2/three cup raw)
- 1 tablespoon sizzling sauce
- In huge non -stick skillet on medium warmth, upload 2 tablespoons of the additional virgin olive oil, onions, salt and pepper, sauté until mild golden brown.
- Add broccoli florets and sauté 5 mins.
- Add black beans, make a smartly in the course of the beans. Add final olive oil and garlic within the smartly, prepare dinner the garlic till fragrant, about one minute.
- Add tomato sauce, sizzling sauce and cooked quinoa. Mix and produce to a simmer.
- Add spinach, arugula and stir till totally blended, heated, and vegetables start to wilt. Serve.
Nutritional data in line with serving
Sodium 220 mg
Sugars 15 g
Cholesterol zero mg
Saturated fats 1 g
Fiber 12 g
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrate 52 g
Created via Jim Perko, CEC, AAC, of Cleveland Clinic’s Wellness Institute