This recipe was once tailored through Cleveland Clinic Digestive Diseases Institute dietitians from the ebook, A Grandfather’s Lessons, through Chef Jacques Pepin (Houghton Miflin Harcourt, 2017). Chef Pepin created two cookbooks with Cleveland Clinic: A Fare for the Heart, 1988 and Healthy Heart, 2007.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit educational scientific heart. Advertising on our web site is helping give a boost to our project. We don’t endorse non-Cleveland Clinic merchandise or services and products. Policy
These Pancakes are protein-rich with a scrumptious moistness that is going manner past a field combine. The absolute best a part of the prep is that you simply combine the whole thing up in a single bowl. This will make about 8 small pancakes – you’ll be able to make 4 small pancakes at a time if the use of a 12” skillet.
For the pancakes
- 2 huge eggs
- ¼ cup simple Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup 2 p.c cottage cheese
Put apart for cooking
- 1 cup rinsed complete, sliced or blended berries similar to strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- 2 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- Put all of the pancake elements in a bowl. Using an immersion blender or rotary beaters, mix for approximately 15 to 20 seconds. Do now not overbeat.
- In a non-stick skillet, warmth the oil over medium warmth.
- Cook each and every pancake for approximately 2 to three mins on each and every aspect, relying on how scorching your skillet is. Put the completed pancakes on a serving dish whilst you’re making the rest pancakes.
- For topping: Mix the berries and maple syrup in a microwavable bowl. Warm within the microwave for 30 seconds.
Nutrition data in step with serving
Makes two servings of 4 small pancakes each and every with part the berries and syrup.
Total fats 14 g
Saturated fats 2.five g
Trans fats zero g
Cholesterol 195 mg
Sodium 420 mg
Total carbohydrates 58 g
Fiber three g
Sugars 30 g
Protein 20 g