Having healthy and strong Teeth is more than just for aesthetics; it is also a good indicator of good overall health. With proper care, you can reap the benefits of having a beautiful and strong set of pearly whites. Below are some of the most effective natural ways to maintain your teeth’s health even without expensive dental treatments.
- Floss regularly. Most people think brushing is enough, and would skip flossing altogether. However, your toothbrush cannot reach the small gaps between the teeth, and cannot effectively remove plaque and food debris from the backmost molars. Flossing can do all these.
- Drink lots of water. Water washes food and bacteria in the mouth, while neutralizing the acid that can erode and weaken the teeth. Regularly rinse your mouth with water after each meal to get rid of leftover bits of food and hasten the process of remineralisation of the teeth.
- Do not smoke. Aside from discolouring your teeth, smoking can also give you halitosis. Smoking makes you a mouth breather, greatly affecting your saliva production and, eventually, your teeth. Of course, it also has so many negative effects on your overall health.
- Check your diet. Your teeth need good nutrition. By eating a balanced diet consisting of vegetables, fruits and dairy, you give your teeth all the nutrients needed to develop and function properly, including calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Beware of acidic foods. Acid increases your risk for cavity formation and tooth decay. It breaks down the tooth enamel, exposing the inside of the tooth to bacteria. You do not have to completely eliminate acidic foods from your diet, but try to regulate and lessen your intake.
- Use proper dental products. By using the right toothbrush and toothpaste, you are assured that your teeth are properly cleaned and maintained. Never cut corners when buying your oral care products because your teeth will suffer in the long run if you do so.
- Refrain from chewing or biting non-food. Gnawing on ice, chewing on pens or biting your nails can abrade your tooth enamel, especially the teeth’s biting surfaces. This can lead to enamel loss and tooth wear, and eventually to the formation of cavities.
- Brush properly. Do not take shortcuts when brushing your teeth, especially when it comes to your molars. When you brush, move the toothbrush in all angles and in different motions to help you cover as much area as possible, and remove as much bacteria and food particles.
Taking care of your teeth does not have to be expensive. Follow the ones listed above and enjoy a healthy and strong teeth. Talk to a reputable dentist in your area for more tips on how to take care of your teeth.
About D. Dental:
- Dental is a top dental services provider in The Colony, TX. Using the latest in dental techniques and equipment, Dr. Ryan Daniel and his team offers a wide range of general and cosmetic dental services to help their patients achieve a beautiful, healthy and strong teeth.
The post How Do You Keep Your Teeth Healthy and Strong? appeared first on D. Dental.