The therapeutic effect of Neem in disease management is being enthusiastically researched due to its less side effects and wide range of properties. It has been widely accepted that drugs based on allopathy exhibit toxic effects on normal tissues.
The role of neem as health-promoting effect is attributed because it is a rich source of anti-oxidants and inhibition of bacterial growth property.
- Botanical Name: Azadirachta indica
- English Name: Margosa or Neem tree
- Family: Meliaceae
WHAT ARE THE PROPERTIES OF NEEM?
- Taste: Bitter and Astringent
- Qualities: Light to digest and dry
- Undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion
- Potency: Cold
AYURVEDIC PROPERTIES OF NEEM
- Neem is a famous tree and found throughout India and has the potential to balance all the three doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- It is considered as nectar in the ancient texts.
- Its fruits, flowers, leaves, root and bark are composed of medicinal properties.
- The scapula of this tree are used in eye disorders, pacifying heat, leprosy and balances Kapha dosha. The leaves of this tree are used in destroying worms and helps in the treatment of indigestion and to counteract poison.
- The fruits of this tree are used in the treatment of piles, diabetes, leprosy, worms and abdominal tumor. The ripe fruits of this tree are useful in disorders of blood, pitta, eye and asthma.
- The stalk of this tree is used in cough, piles, diabetes and disorders which are caused due to worm infestation.
- The seeds of the fruit of neem tree is very useful in treating leprosy.
- Neem is also useful in urinary disorders as well. It provides strength to the brain.
- It also regulates menstrual cycle in women.
MEDICINAL BENEFITS OF NEEM
Intake of fruits of neem tree is useful in indigestion. Its intake helps in the passing of stools and helps in blood purification. Due to proper circulation of blood, it helps in strengthening the digestive fire. Therefore, there is an increase in appetite.
If there is numbness in any part of organ in the body, then massage with the seeds of neem oil for 3-4 weeks. It activates the nerves therefore provides relief in numbness.
3. Opium Addiction
For opium addiction, take 1 spoon of Neem Leaves juice twice a day in the morning and evening. It results in the decrease in opium consumption gradually. If there is an addiction of opium, then take Indian hemp plant in small quantities because in comparison to opium, Cannabis sativa or Indian hemp plant is less harmful.
4. Lack Of Interest
In lack of interest in food or day to day activities, take a pinch of neem leaves powder after every two hours 3-4 times a day.
In hernia, take leaves of neem, dog mustard plant (Cleome gynandra) and leaves of amarbel (Cuscuta reflexa) in equal quantities and mix these leaves in cow's urine and apply the paste on the affected area.
6. Pain In Eyes
Put 1drop of neem leaves juice in the eyes to get relief from pain in the eyes. In children, instill neem leaves juice in the ears in case of pain in the eyes.
7. Burning Sensation In The Eyes
The juice of neem leaves and lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) are mixed and fine paste should be made. This paste should be applied on the eye lids to prevent burning sensation as well as redness in the eyes.
8. Inflammation In The Eyes
Boil 10 gm neem leaves in water and add 5 gm potash alum into it. Rinse eyes with this water thrice a day.
9. Burning Due To Fire
On fire burning, applying oil of neem leaves on the affected areas is beneficial.
10. As A Wound Healer
Take 250 gm oil of neem leaves, 125 gm wax, 1 kg juice of neem leaves, 50 gm. powder of neem bark and 25 gm. ash of neem leaves. The juice of neem leaves and oil should be boiled so that it reduces to half. Then, add wax to this mixture. When oil and wax are mixed thoroughly, then add powdered bark and ash of leaves. This acts as an excellent wound healer in all kinds of wounds.
Take 10 gm neem leaves juice regularly and apply 5 gm neem oil on the genitals.
Take 25 gm neem leaves, black pepper powder and rice powder. Before sunrise, instill this powder in nostrils. Continue this remedy for one week. It will give effective results in migraine.
13. Mucus In Stools
Take half cup decoction of neem leaves or take 2 gm powder of neem leaves or take 2 gm powder of fruit, flower, bark, leaves and stalk.
For vomiting, crush 20 neem leaves and add these leaves in half cup of water and add 5 seeds of black pepper. This remedy is quite effective in vomiting due to any ailment.
Take bark of neem tree, manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), bark of Peepal tree (Ficus religiosa), giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). Make decoction of all these ingredients. Take 10 gm of this decoction twice a day.
16. Take 2 kg neem leaves juice, 500 ml mustard oil, calotropis milk, root of oleander flower (lal kaner) and 5 gm black pepper. Mix all these ingredients and boil this mixture on a low flame. Store this oil in an air tight container and apply this oil on skin. This oil is very beneficial for eczema as it clears the eczema spots.
Crush 10 gm neem leaves and add water to it. Drink this water regularly on an empty stomach in the morning.
The decoction of neem leaves and bark should be taken regularly in laryngitis.
19. Ear Disorders
For ear disorders, chew unripe fruit of neem tree. Crush blue vitriol and boil neem seeds and copper sulphate (blue vitriol) in neem oil and apply this oil on the wounds in the ears.
Caution: Blue vitriol acts as poison. So, wash your hands properly after its use.
20 Centipede Bite
Crush neem leaves and add rock salt to it. Apply this mixture on the affected area. This paste will destroy the poison associated with centipede bite.
21. Ear Worms
Add salt to 25 gm juice of neem leaves and instill this water in ears.
22. Ear Infection
Boil 25-30 gram neem leaves in 50 gram mustard oil and add 5 gram powdered turmeric into it. Boil and sieve this oil. Add 1 spoon of honey into it and store this mixture. Instillation of this mixture in ears for 3-4 days is quite effective in infection and pain in ears.
23. Loss Of Sensation In Ears
Drink 1 spoon of neem juice regularly and instill 2-2 drops of neem leaves juice in ears regularly.
The fruits, leaves and flowers of neem are crushed and juice is made. Drinking this juice regularly for 40 days is helpful in treating Vitiligo.
Mix gum of neem tree in juice of neem leaves and drink this mixture regularly. Neem oil should be applied on the wounds. Bath with water boiled with neem leaves is also beneficial.
26. Mosquito Repellant
Burning Gandhak powder and dried neem leaves on a low flame helps to keep the mosquitoes away.
27. Burning Sensation In Throat
In burning sensation of throat due to discomfort in stomach, the juice of its fruit is beneficial.
28. Cough With Expectoration
The ash of neem leaves should be taken with honey. Neem' s ash with dry ginger, bishop's weed, black pepper, mint is useful in obstruction of all respiratory disorders.
29. Blood Impurities
Regular intake of juice of neem leaves is useful in blood impurities.
Grind seeds, flowers, fruits, leaves and bark of neem tree and boil this powder in 4 spoons of mustard oil on a low flame. Store this oil in a bottle. Massaging with this oil not only prevents itching but all skin related disorders.
31. Bloody Stools
Make powder of neem bark and take 2 gm of this powder after every 3 hours with plain water.
Massaging with neem oil regularly helps in the treatment of baldness.
33. Rheumatoid Arthritis
Make powder of seeds of neem tree and take 2 grams of this powder with lukewarm water.
34. Heat In The Body
The juice extracted from neem leaves when taken with sugar candy helps in relieving heat in the body.
35. Fever Due To Heat
Take equal quantities of neem bark, giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), sandalwood, coriander and katuki (Picrorhiza kurrooa). Make decoction of these herbs and consume 20 gm of this decoction every day.
36. Burning In Throat
Extract juice from neem leaves and heat it slightly. Add 5-7 drops of honey to it and gargle with this mixture. This remedy is also useful in cough with expectorant.
37. Nodules And Swelling In Throat
Grind neem leaves add salt to it. Cook this mixture in oil. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it and make potlis. Apply this potli massage on the affected area. In the initial stage of treatment, it appears that swelling is increasing but it is due to the blood circulation in that area.
38. Joint Pain
The juice extracted from the leaves of neem mixed with water should be taken for joint pain.
39. Prickly Heats
To the juice of neem leaves, add a pinch of salt and drink this mixture 4 times a day.
Add camphor cake to neem oil and apply this oil all over the body before taking bath.
Mix 10 gm juice of neem leaves with 10 gm mustard oil. Cook this mixture on a low flame so that only oil remains. Apply this oil on the affected mixture. Applying this oil on the wound is so beneficial that an expensive allopathy wound healing cannot match this.
Regular consumption of decoction of neem leaves and applying neem leaves on the skin is an effective herbal remedy for psoriasis.
Chew 7 red neem leaves and 7 black pepper seeds and grind 5-5 grams of seeds of black pepper and turmeric and dissolve them in fresh water. Drink this water for one week continuously.
Take 10 grams each peel of harad, baheda and amla, dry ginger, cumin seeds, rock and black salt, 1 gm black pepper, 500 gm neem leaves and 20 gm barley basil. Crush all these ingredients and make a fine paste. Take 3-5 gm of this powder with lukewarm water. This remedy is useful in all kinds of fevers.
The juice of bark of neem tree is extracted and 25 gm of this juice is consumed daily to treat ascites.
46. Pimples And Black Heads On Face
The paste of seeds of neem is made and mix with vinegar. Apply this paste for 5-7 days to get relief from pimples and black heads.
2 grams of gum of neem tree when consumed is used to treat all kinds of poisons.
The oil of neem leaves is very useful in destroying lice.
- If used in limited doses, it does not cause side effects.
- It should not be used for infants.
- Pregnant mothers should use neem under medical supervision.
NEEM CAPSULES BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Neem Capsules by Planet Ayurveda contain the standardized extract of Azadirachta indica in pure vegetarian capsules.
- These capsules contain neem leaves which are rich in fibre and carbohydrates. The leaves of neem contain essential amino acids.
- Planet Ayurveda's capsules are 100% vegetarian and are free from artificial fillers, binders and yeast.
- These capsules contains extract of neem so their efficency and effectiveness is more then neem itself.
- Each capsule contain 500 mg standarized extract of neem and there advised dose is from 1-2 capsules twice daily.
- These neem capsules helps in balancing all three doshas and ailments related to them.
- Neem tastes bitter which makes it very good blood purifier and also balance the pitta dosha.
- Neem capsules also act as a very good detoxifier and helps in removing toxin from the body.
- Theses capsules contain all qualities for health benefits in one pack and will provode you excellent results.
Dose: 1-2 capsules twice daily.