The oat milk is a perfect drink for babies because it has great nutritional contribution and unlike cow’s milk has less fat and more calcium and minerals. It is for this reason that many mothers want to give their children this vegetable drink with which they will enjoy a strong and healthy health. In Green Health Tips we will discover how to prepare oatmeal milk for babies, giving you a very simple recipe to make at home and with which you can feed your child with a healthy and nutritious product.
Oat milk and its properties for babies
Before discovering how to Prepare Oatmeal Milk for babies it is important that we analyze the properties that this drink can bring to our little one. Oat Milk is a great option for feeding babies when they end up with breast milk because it has a high content of nutrients such as vitamins or minerals.
This milk has 36% calcium , 8% more than that provided by cow’s milk, in addition to twice the vitamins that milk has; It is also very good because it has antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and provide a lot of fiber.
This milk is perfect for babies who have lactose intolerance because it does not have it, but can not be taken by celiac children , except in cases where they do not have gluten. It is also a milk very low in fat since it only has 2.5 grams, considerably less than the 8 that cow’s milk provides and does not have any saturated or cholesterol.
In this other article we discover all the properties of oat milk.
Making oat milk for babies – Step by step
We will now enter the recipe that you will have to follow in order to prepare oatmeal milk for babies easily at home and thus, that your little one can enjoy a highly nutritious drink. To do this, you must follow these steps that we indicate below, take note!
- Cover the oat flakes : the first thing we have to do to prepare oatmeal milk for babies is to put the flakes of this cereal in a deep bowl and fill it with water; we will have to leave it to soak throughout the night so that the oats will soften and can serve for our preparation.
- Add ingredients: after this time, you should add a pinch of salt to this container and then, if you want to add an extra ingredient (honey, cinnamon, etc.) you will have to do it at this time too.
- Beat all the content : to prepare oat milk for babies you will now have to beat all the ingredients at full speed for 2 or 3 minutes; If you want the flavor of the milk to be more intense, you can throw less water so that it is less watery.
- Let stand : as soon as the ingredients are well beaten, now we should only let it rest for 1 hour so that, thus, acquire the desired consistency.
- Strain the milk of oats: and finally, you will only have to strain the liquid to extract stumbles that have not been dissolved correctly when shaken.
And that’s it! Now you simply have to store the milk in the fridge so that it stays longer.
Pros and cons of oat milk
It is important to note that this milk has some negative aspect that can cause it to be discarded as it is the one that, in relation to cow’s milk, has less protein . It is also true that it has four times more protein than any other vegetable milk, so if your little one is vegan it will be the best option.
Oat milk has very important minerals for the child’s body, such as manganese, potassium, iron, copper, selenium, phosphorus, zinc and vitamin B. In contrast, cow’s milk has much more vitamin D, although there are some milk from oatmeal that are enriched.
This article is purely informative, in Green Health Tips we do not have the faculty to prescribe medical treatments or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to prepare oat milk for babies , we recommend you to enter our category of Food.