The continuous desire to eat, accompanied by a feeling of Anxiety, is one of the obstacles faced by those who seek to achieve a healthy and balanced weight.
While it is necessary to be consistent with other habits such as diet and exercise, not being able to control the feeling of hunger may prevent reaching the goal .
The problem is that many minimize the importance of the topic, or consider it to be harmless because it is simply a snack.
And, although its effects vary depending on the metabolic activity of each, almost always brings negative consequences on body weight and health.
For this reason it is important to learn to identify the source of anxiety , because, although we ignore it, it can be derived from the practice of some daily habits.
Do you suffer from this problem? Find out what may be its cause.
1. Skip the breakfast
Some people consider that skipping breakfast is a good habit to lose weight, as it could be a way to “save calories.”
The truth is that, far from being an aid, ignoring this main meal can slow down the metabolism and increase anxiety.
- It is essential to maintain a complete and balanced breakfast, which includes sources of fiber, antioxidants and proteins.
- The ideal is to avoid the consumption of refined carbohydrates, sugars and processed foods.
- It should not be replaced by a simple coffee with cookies.
- It should be moderate in fats.
2. Ingest alcoholic beverages
Excessive intake of alcoholic beverages is one of the practices that, without your knowledge, increases your desire to eat foods rich in fat and sugar.
Its chemical compounds increase the sensitivity of the brain to external signs of food , such as odor, which increases the desire to eat.
In addition, it should be mentioned that they are also an important source of calories, which contributes to weight gain.
- You should limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages and instead, increase your water intake.
- In case of having problems with alcohol, the ideal is to seek professional help.
3. Poor stress management
There are many people who feel insatiable desires to eat when they are going through continuous episodes of stress.
Although in some cases it produces inappetence, it almost always manifests itself with a feeling of hunger that ends with great binge eating.
- Avoid constant exposure to stressful situations.
- It is convenient to dedicate several minutes of the day to a relaxation technique.
- If stress is accompanied by hunger, it should be controlled with water or low-calorie foods.
4. Consume certain drugs
There is a wide variety of drugs whose side effects include a strong sense of food anxiety.
Its chemical compounds cause alterations in the bacterial flora of the intestine and by increasing the production of hunger hormones, it leads to eating more than it should.
- It is important to consult the doctor if the pharmacological treatment produces this effect.
- If so, the ideal is to go to the nutritionist to determine what is the most convenient way to cope.
5. Sleeping a little
People who have poor sleep quality often face continual episodes of food anxiety.
This is because, by staying awake during the night, increases the segregation of ghrelin, known as the hunger hormone , which raises the desire to eat.
- The ideal is to comply with a rest period of 7 to 8 hours a day, without interruptions.
- In case of sleep disorders, it is best to consume sleeping remedies.
- A healthy resting environment should be maintained, away from noise, light and distractions.
6. Little water consumption
The low consumption of water produces dehydration in the body and in turn, causes the body to send signals to obtain more sources of “fuel” than it actually needs.
This means that, even if you eat all the main meals, drinking too little water produces more hunger pangs .
- Instead of consuming foods full of calories, it is advisable to drink plenty of water (6 or 8 glasses a day).
- A good alternative is to eat infusions of plants or fruits and vegetables rich in water.
Do not you manage to stop your anxiety about food? If so, identify any of the causes mentioned and take the necessary steps to start controlling it.