The marjoram plant ( Origanum majorana ) is native to the Mediterranean region, it is an aromatic herb that symbolized happiness for the ancient Romans. While its culinary uses are many, thanks to its aromatic properties the marjoram tea is very appreciated due to the medicinal benefits it offers. In this article of Green Health Tips we discover what is the use of marjoram tea discovering the properties and benefits of this plant; In addition, we will also indicate the recipe so you can make this healthy drink from your home.
Properties of marjoram tea and benefits
In some regions, marjoram tea is often confused with oregano due to the similarity in the aroma, however, its leaves are quite small and rounded. We will start talking about what is the use of the marjoram tea because it is a perfect natural remedy to help us improve our health and improve some conditions like the ones we will analyze next:
- Antitussive and expectorant : Helps relieve symptoms of respiratory problems, dry cough and bronchitis and sinusitis. This tea is excellent for patients with asthma
- Improves blood circulation : Promotes cardiovascular health, improves blood flow to the heart and reduces bad cholesterol
- Improves the digestive system : improves problems of the digestive tract, prevents nausea and flatulence, stimulates appetite and digestion
- Anti-inflammatory properties : so it relieves different pains and discomforts like toothache, headaches, arthritis, menstrual cramps, etc.
- Diuretic : marjoram tea stimulates sweating and helps eliminate toxins through sweatand therefore, people who have the flu can benefit
These are the properties of the marjoram tea that you can take advantage of to improve your health and live healthier without the need to use pharmacological or medical products.
How to make marjoram tea step by step
Now that you know the benefits of the marjoram tea, we will discover how you can prepare this drink from home in an easy and fast way, to make the most of its properties.
To make this tea you will have to follow these steps :
- Pour 200 ml (one cup) of water into a saucepan and light the fire
- Add 1 small spoonful (dessert) of marjoram
- Let the two ingredients boil and as soon as it breaks the boil, we will lower the heat and let it continue cooking for 15 more minutes
- Once this time has passed, turn off the heat and pour the marjoram tea into a glass or cup but with the help of a sieve, to eliminate the tripping
If you want to improve its flavor you can add a little honey to sweeten it and also get a healthier and healthier drink. In this other article of Green Health Tips we discover what are the benefits of honey for our body; You can also add lemon juice to improve its flavor and also, make it a more beneficial infusion.
This article is purely informative, in Green Health Tips we do not have the faculty to prescribe medical treatments or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Marjoram Tea: what is it for , we recommend you to enter our category of Wellness.