The immune system of our body is responsible for keeping active mechanisms of defenses to protect the tissues against disease-causing microorganisms in case of attack .
This is composed of lymphoid tissue, which is part of the bone marrowand also works thanks to the lymph nodes and digestive system.
Together, all of these produce antibodies, which inhibit and destroy the antigens before they generate serious health complications.
The problem is that many external and internal factors cause interference in their work and after weakening it, increase the susceptibility to infections and chronic disorders.
Because of this it is essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle and as a complement, to ingest some foods that help to strengthen it.
Although there are obviously many varieties, today we want to take the opportunity to share a healthy and delicious tangerine jam.
It’s an easy-to-prepare recipe that, in exchange for low calories, helps give you an extra Vitamin C to the body.
Do you dare to try it?
Mandarin marmalade to strengthen the defenses
Mandarin marmalade is an alternative recipe that can be added regularly in the diet to give the body the nutrients it requires to keep its defenses active.
It is a 100% natural product, light in calories, whose contribution of vitamin C improves the activity of the immune system.
This citrus, known for its delicious flavor, is full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that confer many health benefits.
In addition to being a significant source of vitamin C, it contains:
- Vitamin A
- B vitamins
- Vitamin E
- Amino acids
Why does this jam strengthen the defenses?
Although it is made with sugar and is not suitable for diabetic patients, this jam is beneficial for immune health thanks to its vitamin C.
This nutrient increases the resistance of the organism to the attack of pathogens and by improving the phagocytic activity of the cells, helps to optimize the ability to recognize viruses and infectious bacteria.
This allows the defense mechanisms to be activated in timeand avoids complications in cases of problems such as flu, cold or Urinary Tract Infections.
On the other hand thanks to its antioxidant effect, it is suitable to curb the negative effects of free radicals and toxins that, in addition to damaging cells, reduce immune abilities.
In general, adding this food in your diet can help:
- Prevent and control respiratory infections.
- Improve the healing process and wound healing.
- Avoid urinary tract infections.
- Stimulate the removal of toxins and heavy metals.
- Synthesize collagen and protect cartilage.
- Increase the level of physical and mental energy.
How to prepare this tangerine jam at home?
The preparation of this homemade jam is very simple and does not require expensive ingredients.
In fact, in addition to tangerine, you only need organic sugar and a little lemon juice.
Let’s do it!
- ½ pound of tangerines
- Peel zest of 1 mandarin orange
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ¼ cup of organic sugar (250 g)
- Peel all the mandarins and keep one of the peels to get the zest.
- Remove the white skin that covers the segments and in step, the small seeds.
- After preparing all the segments of the mandarins, put them in a pot over medium heat and add the lemon juice and grated skin.
- If you consider it necessary, add a little water to the pieces to break down in cooking.
- If still adding water continue whole, pass through a blender until a finer paste.
- Once you get the desired texture, gradually incorporate the organic sugar.
- Reduce heat and stir constantly with a wooden or silicone utensil.
- The cooking can last between 25 and 30 minutes, in which it must be removed to prevent the contents from sticking .
- After this time and after checking its texture, remove it and allow it to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Then, pack it in a sterile, airtight container.
Mode of consumption
- Eat the tangerine jam at breakfast as an accompaniment to your cookies, toast or breads.
- Consume maximum 2 tablespoons (40 g) a day.
You like me? Take care to prepare it at home and enjoy its properties and delicious taste.