The Panettone is a traditional sweet of Italy specifically Milan is also known as Easter bread , bread Christmas or just as sweet Christmas . As its name indicates it is prepared to taste it during the Christmas season.
Currently both consumption and processing has been extended by many countries. Basically it consists of a delicious sweet or bun is made with brioche dough and inside we find ingredients like candied fruit . This would be the classic panettone.
Other recipes or variants of panettone are those prepared with chocolate nuggets or chips or also in addition to the delicious chestnuts candied fruits and nuts.
There are several ways to make the panettone, in some recipes panettone is made with mother and pre ferment mass, this type of processing have to spend more time in other recipes are made without sourdough, it is easier to elaborate and especially if we are not experts.
To inquire and investigate about its origin we must go back to the eighteenth century, when we are faced with an article by the writer Pietro Verri, who appoints the existence of a bread as traditional sweet Christmas Milanese, known by the name of Pane di tone (large pan).
However, we must go back a long time ago, around 1490, when Ughetto Atellani of Futi, a young aristocrat, fell in love with the daughter of a confectioner in Milan. In order to prove his love was passed by apprentice confectioner, inventing a sweet bread shaped dome based candied fruit, aroma of lemon and orange.
Classic panettone recipe
The recipe we publish on this post is to make no sourdough panettone.
- 125 grams of sugar.
- 125 ml. milk.
- 40 grams of fresh baker’s yeast.
- 125 grams of raisins.
- 4 egg yolks.
- 500 grams of bread flour.
- 2 tablespoons sugar vanilla-inflected.
- Grated peel of one lemon.
- 200 grams of soft butter.
- A little butter to grease the mold.
- 200 grams of candied fruit into small pieces.
- A pinch of salt.
- In a saucepan or heater put milk, crumbled yeast and a spoonful of sugar.
- Let stand covered with a clean cloth until you see that it has increased in size, about 5 to 8 minutes or so.
- We uncover once has increased and mix with flour.
- Knead well and add the egg yolks, vanilla sugar, remaining sugar, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Back to knead well all these ingredients. Then add the soft butter and knead become a little more to integrate well.
- Now let the dough rise covered until at least 30 minutes. When time passes and see that the dough has risen, add the raisins, candied fruits and re-knead to integrate all fruits.
- We let the mixture stand for 30 minutes and covered.
- We take the special mold for panettone paper and greased with a little butter. Pour batter into the mold and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C temperature for 10 minutes. Before inserting the mold in the oven, with a knife we make the shape of a cross on the top of the panettone.
- We introduce the mold in the oven and cooked panettone for half an hour with a temperature of 200th C.
- Panettone extract and let cool. Once it is cold, we unmold.
We already have ready our panettone, ideal for breakfast, dessert or snacks accompanied by a cup of hot chocolate, a cup of coffee or tea.