The Canarian cuisine is rich and varied and each island has its representative desserts although most of the desserts are cooked on all islands. In this post we present two recipes that broad recipe that makes up our pastries, fresh cheese and roasted milk.
Two rich desserts, easy to prepare that we can be ready in a short time and surprise our guests this Christmas.
On the one hand we find the quesillo , the name on the Island of La Palma is given to egg custard, this dessert is therefore a popular dessert Palmera kitchen.
Even popular kitchen Palmera in all the Canary Islands made this rich and simple dessert. In the rest of the Canary Islands it is known as egg custard.
Quesillo is made with fresh Milk, eggs, condensed milk and lots of care which of course should not miss to make it an exquisite quesillo . On the other hand we should also mention that the bath is done in a pressure cooker so it is desirable to have a mold or ramekin with lid.
We also find the leche asada , a representative and popular dessert Isla de la Gomera. This rich dessert is also made in all the islands, it is very easy to prepare and have ready soon to taste exquisite dessert in the company of family and friends this Christmas.
Leche asada is especially prepared on the island of Gomera at Easter but we can also enjoy it at any time of the year.
2 recipes of traditional desserts of the Canary Islands
- A small boat condensed milk.
- The same measure can of condensed milk of fresh whole milk.
- 6 eggs.
- 50 grams of sugar to caramelize the mold or industrial candy.
- In a heater fire put sugar candy to whet low heat, stirring.
- We caramel point that we like, leaving it darker or lighter ones but considering that if it becomes very dark bitter.
- Once the liquid caramel and have about caramelize well bottom and walls of a mold or flanera and reserve.
- Then we open the can of condensed milk and put it in a bowl. Add fresh milk. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl with condensed milk and fresh milk.
- Beat well for the three ingredients are well blended. Pour the creamed mixture in the mold caramelized.
- Then we close the mold and put it in the cauldron or pot to cook in a water bath. Then we close the pot and put the fire cooking.
- At the time the spout of the pot begins to turn, begin to control the time and cook for 15 minutes.
- Elapsed time, turn off the heat to remove air spout and carefully uncover the pot.
- Quesillo let cool, and once cool the mold uncover. Unmold the quesillo and we keep in the refrigerator until serving time.
Leche asada recipe
- One liter of whole milk.
- The skin of a lemon grated.
- 6 eggs.
- Or sugar to taste (a spoon of sugar per egg).
- A stick of cinnamon or cinnamon.
- Butter to spread the mold).
- In a saucepan or heater put the milk to boil with the cinnamon stick, and grated lemon peel.
- We heat with low heat until it begins to boil.
- When it begins to boil turn off the heat and let cool to cool to room temperature.
- We put in a bowl with sugar eggs and beat well.
- Once the milk has cooled, add the whipped milk to egg mixture and mix sugar with gentle movements.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C temperature for 10 minutes.
- We spread the walls and bottom of pan with butter. Put the mixture into the mold.
- We introduce the mold in the preheated oven and cooked dessert with a temperature of 180 ° C.
- Cook until caramelized milk curdle.
- Check if it is cooked puncturing with a toothpick or skewer should come out clean without that remains.
- Roast extract milk from the oven and let cool and then unmolding.
- Carefully unmold leche asada and we keep in the refrigerator until serving time.
Leche asada usually accompanied with a drizzle of honey on top.
Our suggestion, with a little honey palm above.