The post These 5 Hot New Wellness Trends Are Here To Make 2018 Your Best Year Ever appeared first on Peaceful Dumpling.
The new year is almost here. Can you believe it? I feel like so much has happened in 2017– some for better, some for worse. But nevertheless, it’s time to prepare for what the next 12 months have to bring. I’m personally pretty excited about the current state of the health and Wellness industry, and what’s to come.
From the rise of new technological advancements in food and fitness to a cultural shift towards holistic health management from a baseline level, 2017 started us off on the right foot. If that’s anything to go off of, it seems that 2018 is a year to look forward to.
Who knows which of these will stick around for a while and which are fleeting fads, but at the moment, these next five wellness Trends are ones to watch out for. We predict that they’re some of the biggest health topics to come in 2018.
Wellness Trends for 2018
- Yuzu in Everything– Yuzu is a citrus fruit akin to a grapefruit but, in my opinion, much yummier. It’s known for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, and it’s popping up left and right in natural drinks, salads, sweets and more. It’s the hottest new superfood on the market, although it’s been loved and utilized within Japanese cuisine for centuries.
- Sustainable “Seafood”– For a long time, environmentally-minded meat eaters touted seafood as the most sustainable option, but as time goes on and research has improved, we are realizing that is not the case. Queue sustainable, plant-based seafood options arising across shops and restaurants around the globe. In both Australia (where I now live), the U.S., and parts of Asia, I’ve gained exposure to vegan prawns, scallops, and even anchovies. They’re delicious and far less impactful than authentically sea-sourced options.
- Virtual Reality Fitness– VR is about to change everything. The way we drive, the way we play, and the way we work out. Researchers have found that outdoor exercise tends to be mentally superior to being trapped in the gym, but that’s not a feasible option for everyone (especially during these cold winter months). With the help of a VR headset, however, you can trick your brain into thinking you are cycling in the mountains or running on the beach and experience certain benefits of such, even when it’s too cold to set foot outside.
- Sleep Optimization– We are very aware of the power of sleep on our physical and mental health and wellbeing. And now is the time to optimize our sleep so that we can perform and feel our very best. From sleep tracking apps to black-out blindfolds to high-tech mattresses and sleep-supporting audio options, next year will be all about products and practices focused on facilitating a restful sleep.
- Natural Hormone Tracking– In 2018, people will increasingly be moving away from synthetic hormone-based birth control methods and towards more natural approaches, such as cycle tracking according to menstruation/ovulation or moon cycles. We have grown increasingly wary of the dangers hormones can have on women’s bodies, so it’s nice to see other options appearing and starting to be taken more seriously.
You can expect lots more trends than these five, as wellness is growing to be a mainstream concern rather than a fringe interest, but the aforementioned are sure to be some of the most present in the year to come.
That being said, which wellness trends do you think are going to rise in popularity over the next year? Let us know in the comments!
Also by Quincy: Could You Have Vaginismus? What You Need to Know
Related: Busted! 4 Health Foods That Are Actually Unhealthy–And What To Eat Instead
Don’t Let Office Food Derail Your #Goals. 5 Tips To Eat Healthy & Vegan At Work
Get more like this–sign up for our newsletter for exclusive inspirational content!
Photo: Jared Rice via Unsplash
The view other posts like this on Peaceful Dumpling.