The post This Tried-And-True DIY Rosehip Oil Moisturizer Is More Anti-Aging Than Botox appeared first on Peaceful Dumpling.
Are you looking for a natural way to help combat fine lines and wrinkles without breaking the bank or resorting to injections? Then I’d like to introduce you to Rosehip oil. Now, this is not to be confused with rose oil. Rosehip oil is the oils extracted from the seeds of the wild rose bush called Rosa Rubiginosa found in the Andes mountains. Rose oil, on the other hand, is extracted from the petals of a completely different plant, the rosa damascena. Rosehip oil is packed with anti aging properties making it a naturally powerful alternative to botox!
It has become the norm for women to get injections, and a few years ago I thought I’d give botox a try. After a few sessions, and a lot of self love, I decided to stop getting botox and embrace aging gracefully and naturally. I will love every laugh line and love every smile line! Now, rosehip oil is my “botox”–this stuff really works! And the best part is, you don’t have to worry about toxins or costly upkeep.
Rosehip Oil Benefits
Rosehip oil is enriched with vitamins such as vitamin A, C and D which work wonders for your skin.
Vitamin C: Rosehip oil is particularly high in vitamin C, making it a strong contender to ward off the damaging affects of ultraviolet light exposure. Vitamin C is also shown to stabilize collagen mRNA which increases collagen protein synthesis for repair of the damaged skin. This helps our skin to maintain and build elasticity and strength, which we naturally lose with age.
All-Trans-Retinoic-Acid [ATRA]: Rosehip oil contains tretinoin, or all trans retinoid acid, which is a close relative of vitamin A. It is the vitamin A acid that retinol converts to. Studies have shown that tretinoin is capable of at least partly reversing the structural damages of excessive sunlight exposure and may be useful in decelerating the photoaging process. Amazing right?!
Essential Fatty acids [EFA’s]: Rosehip oil contains the essential fatty acids omega-3s and omega-6s which are the building blocks of healthy cell membranes. These polyunsaturated fats also help produce the skin’s natural oil barrier, which is important in keeping skin hydrated, fuller and all around more youthful look.
These three components of rosehip oil can be very effective for your face! Here is a simple, affordable and effective way to include reship oil to your daily beauty regime. This DIY rosehip moisturizer has worked wonders for my skin!
Rosehip Oil Face Moisturizer
- 1 Tablespoon beeswax
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 10 drops vitamin E oil
- 2 Tablespoon rosehip oil
- 7 drops frankincense essential oil (I prefer either Young Living or DoTerra)
- Mix the beeswax, coconut butter, and sweet almond oil in a heat-safe glass bowl. Place the glass bowl on top of a half filled pot of hot water, essentially a double boiler system. Be sure the bottom, of the glass bowl does not touch the water. Keep your stovetop at medium to high heat.
- Stir until all oils have melted and mixed together. Remove the glass bowl from the pot of hot water. Set aside.
- Set aside and allow to cool for a few minutes. Oils can be heat sensitive, so it’s best to let the heat dissipate.
- Stir in rosehip seed oil, vitamin E oil, and frankincense essential oil.
- Place mixture into fridge for 20-30 minutes. Just enough that the mixture starts to thicken, but not completely solid all the way through.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the mixture until consistency is creamy and smooth.
- Store your moisturizer in a glass jar in your fridge.
- Apply on a clean face before bed.
If you are on a preexisting skincare regime, it’s always advised to talk to you dermatologist or skin care specialist before starting any new creams or oils.
I hope you enjoy the homemade rosehip seed oil moisturizer and feel confident with your glowing, youthful skin!
Also by Kayla: My Chronic Fatigue Turned Out To Be Hatsumoto’s. But Why It Has Made Me Stronger
Cleaning With Essential Oils Is Kinda Sorta Life-Changing. 4 DIY Sprays For Your Home
Photo: Marina Khrapova on Unsplash; Inner Calms; Dr.Axe
The view other posts like this on Peaceful Dumpling.