I have gotten a lot of requests for clean eating Donuts recipe so here it is (these donuts also have some Protein so they make a great after workout snack or even an on-the-run breakfast!):
Chocolate Protein Donuts
Makes 6 donuts
Ingredients for the base
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I have used BioTrust protein powder for years and I will never go back to anything else) visit link for a free bottle.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup almond/coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Ingredients for the topping
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a donut pan with olive oil or nonstick spray
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the toppings and mix until smooth. Pour into your donut pan and bake for about 10 minutes, until set.
3. Let the donuts cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely.
4. Gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double broiler or use the microwave if you don’t have one. Pour this chocolate-y mixture onto the donuts and top with sprinkles!
from HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES http://ift.tt/2DX9Mjr