Learn when it’s time to see a doctor for sore throat symptoms.
There are many causes for a Sore throat. Your pain could be the result of a virus, a bacteria, an allergen, or even an environmental factor, such as cigarette smoke. So, how can you tell what’s causing your sore throat?
Let’s take a look at the symptoms of a strep infection:
- A sore throat that comes on suddenly
- Difficulty swallowing
- Red, swollen tonsils, sometimes with white patches
- Tiny red spots on the roof of your mouth
- Swollen lymph nodes in the front of your neck
Though less common, you may also experience a headache, nausea and vomiting, and/or a rash known as scarlet fever.
Strep throat symptoms generally do not include:
- Runny nose
- Hoarseness (abnormal voice changes that may sound breathy, raspy, or strained)
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
These symptoms suggest that a virus is causing your throat pain.
If your symptoms do indicate strep, fear not. Our medical team is available to provide the testing and treatment you need to start feeling better. Walk in today for prompt, affordable care.