First, all you need to know about Form 26AS. It is a summary of taxed deducted on your behalf and taxed paid by you. This summary is provided by Income Tax Department. It shows all details of deducted on your behalf by deductors, details of tax deposited by taxpayers and tax refund received in the Financial Year. This form can be accessed from Income Tax Department's Website.
Second, All Salaried Tax Assess needs to get Form 16 issued by their employer to get file their Income Tax Return.
Third, Documents Require for Interest Income,
> Assesses needs to update his bank statement/pass book for interest on
saving bank account.
> Interest Income Statement (accrued or credited) on their Fixed Deposits.
> TDS Certificate (Form 16A), if any, issued by banks or other financial
> Interest Accrue Certificate on NSC / Kishan Vikas Patra etc.
Fourth, Proof for Investment in Section 80C, Investment made under PPF, NSC, ULIPS, ELSS, RGESS are qualifies for deductions Under Section 80C.
Last Minutes Checklist to File Your IT Returns :
1. Pan Card
2. Bank Statement
3. TDS Certificates
4. Tax Payment Challans (Advance Tax or Self Assessment Tax)
5. Form 16 / Salary Certificate received from the Employer.
6. Interest Certificates issued on your deposits
7. Rent Receipts copy (If You Are on Rent)
8. Life and Medical insurance payment receipts.
9. Tuition Fees Receipts.
10. Stock statement in case of trading in shares
11. PPF Passbook for interest
12. Dividend warrants /amount
13. Interest Certificates on bonds
14. Details of interest accrue on NSC during the year.
15. Sale and Purchase deed of the property including Stamp Valuation of the property (for land/building)
16. Repayment/Interest Certificate for Interest paid on housing loan and Principal amount Paid.
17. Donation Receipts for Section 80G (with PAN details of donnee)
18. Details of Expenses incurred on transfer of Re-Investment in property.
19. Any Other Tax Saving Investment receipts/proof.
20. Aadhar Card Copy (Mandatory for e-filing)
Remember all above documents are proof of income require for ITR filling purposes only does not require to attache along with ITR.