Use Ted Talks to learn!
TED Talks are a fantastic resource to learn new skills, develop your mind set and find a new perspective.
TED – which stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design – features “ideas worth spreading”.
There are now over 1400 TED Talks available after the speaker series launched in 1984.
But do not fear! There’s no need to be overwhelmed, here’s my 3 favourite talks for you to enjoy.
1. My philosophy for a happy life – Sam Berns
Sam Berns is an American who suffered from Progeria. Here, he shares his wisdom on achieving a happy life, my 3 Average Joe Takeaways are;
- Be okay with what you ultimately can’t do because there is so much you can do.
- Surround yourself with people you want to be around.
- Keep moving forward – always have a target to aim for.
2. Programming your mind for success – Carrie Green
Carrie Green started her first online business at the age of 20, whilst studying Law at the University of Birmingham. Within a few years she took the business global and receiving over 100,000 hits on the website every month. Here are my 3 Average Joe Takeaways;
- Know exactly what it is you want to achieve.
- Know why you want to achieve it.
- Decide the kind of person you need to become to make it happen.
3. How to know your life purpose in 5 minutes – Adam Leipzig
Adam Leipzig has overseen more than 25 movies as a producer, executive and distributor. and has produced more than 300 stage plays and live events, and he was one of the founders of the Los Angeles Theatre Center. Here are my Average Joe Takeaways;
Answer the following 5 questions;
- Who are you?
- What do you love to do?
- Who do you do it for?
- What do those people want or need?
- How do they change or transform as a result of what you give them?
These 3 videos are short but packed full of fantastic content. I hope you’ve taken 3 points of value from each and recorded them in your journal so you can review them at a later date.
Thanks again for reading and I’ll see you soon!