TIME: 45 Minutes
Description : Left Over Dal Paratha is a perfect recipe when you want to use your left over dal. We often throw the dal which is left from last night as we don’t know how to use it again. Well, don’t throw it from now. make delicious parathas out of it and serve it with any raita of your choice. A little creativity will turn the left over dal into something really delicious!
- 1 cup leftover dal
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup curd/yogurt
- 4 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon onions, finely chopped
- Ghee/oil as required
Directions for Left Over Dal Paratha Recipe
- To begin making the Left Over Dal Paratha, firstly add the left over dal, wheat flour, kashmiri red chili powder, salt, curd, coriander leaves and onions in a bowl. Mix everything well and knead it into a smooth dough.
- If your dough turns too watery, add few tablespoons of flour at a time and knead to make a smooth dough. Cover and let the dough sit for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, heat a roti tawa. Pinch a lemon sized ball from the dough, roll it round. Flatten it using a rolling pin to about 7-centimetre circle. Rub 1/4 teaspoon ghee over the surface.
- Once it is done, fold 2 opposite edges such that they touch each other at the edges.
- Next bring the other 2 edges folding it over the sides already folded making it into a square.
- Now dust little wheat flour and roll it as thin as you can into a square shape.
- Place it on hot tawa and cook on both sides until they get cooked. Rub about 1/4 teaspoon ghee on both the sides of paratha. Remove from pan and repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Serve Left Over Dal Paratha hot with Lauki Raita, Pumpkin Raita or any raita of your choice.
The post Left Over Dal Paratha appeared first on .