Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Almost everyone has used vaseline in their lifetime and if you haven’t you’ve really been missing out! I absolutely swear by it everyday! Commonly used for lips and it’s used in lotions to moisturize skin.
However, have ever used vaseline for these Beauty uses you may not know about?
1. Thickens and promotes eyebrow and eyelash growth – A year ago I didn’t have any eyelashes and Eyebrows, I had a habit of picking them out – I know it sounds gross. but since iv’e been using it on my eyelashes and eyebrows before I go to bed they started to grow back within 2 weeks and were also thicker and eventually became much much longer than ever before. I was really skeptical about this before I tried, but tried it out anyway and iv’e been doing this before I go to bed almost every night since iv’e started. The image below is my eyebrows and lashes since using it.
2. Holds eyebrows in place – use this before brushing and filling in brows and it will naturally hold them in place whilst promoting new growth and thickening.
3. Cheekbone highlighter – dab vaseline onto your cheekbones as a low cost highlighter to give you that glowy more defined look.
4. Prevent hair dye from getting onto your skin – Coat some vaseline around your hairline, on your ears and neck before coloring hair to avoid dye getting messy.
5. Sooth Cracked heels overnight – Before bed coat your feet in vaseline and put some socks on. Then in the morning, wash off, and your feet will be hydrated and much smoother.
6. Heals Sore Cracked noses – When you catch a cold, quite often people experience a sore cracked nose due to excessive tissue blowing, putting vaseline on the sore effected area will help hydrate it back to normality.
7. Moisturizer – vaseline can be used to moisturize your skin because it is non comedogenic, which means it can’t clog your pores, however, if you are very much prone to acne and breakouts, using this on your face may not be so suitable.
8. Heals sunburn – Using vaseline will help heal your dried up skin due to sun damage, it will provide moisture and lock it back into your skin.
9. Evens tanning application – By using vaseline on your knees, elbows, wrists and ankles it will keep your tan nice and even without that patchy mess you can get in these areas.
10. Longer lasting perfume scent – Dab a bit of vaseline in the areas you will apply your perfume and it will last twice as long.
11. Prevents a messy manicure – Before you go ahead and paint your nails, you should apply vaseline around the edges to line your nails, this will prevent any Nail polish from sticking to your skin.
12. Hide split ends – Using vaseline on your dried up split ends will hide them and keep them moisturized and looking good until your next visit to the hairdressers.
13. Keeps lips soft and smooth – This is one of the most common ways in which people use vaseline as the other tips I have shown are one’s which are not so commonly known. But by using it on your lips I find it better than any other lip balm or butter!
I also use vaseline to polish my shoes! Now, I know that isn’t as beauty tip which is why I haven’t put it in the list, but I find it great for shoes to make them shiny and new looking again. My partners in the forces and I learnt this tip from him, so I thought i’d put that one out there for you to know also.
I hope you enjoyed these wonderful tips today and if you know of any more beauty uses for vaseline then be sure to let me know??
HAVE A SWEET DAY!